Is a vehicle a necessity for a longer stay in Consejo?

Hello,
I'm a potential American expat looking to stay in a few different places in Belize for 1-3 months in each, to see if I might like living in the country long term. 

Is living in Consejo for a couple of months without a vehicle feasible?  From the looks of what i've seen, a bike would be perfectly fine for getting around town on a day-to-day basis.  And it seems that transport to other cities is pretty accessible via water taxis, buses, etc...  Am I correct in this initial understanding, or off the mark?  Any insight would be appreciated.

Consejo is about 9 miles from Corozal town which is where you'd likely do most of your shopping, banking and monthly immigration process. I'm not sure if Gallo's water taxi is still running weekly to Chetumal out of Consejo but that might be another option although you'd pay immigration every time you cross to Mexico. There is a convenience store and a couple restaurants in Consejo. It's a pretty small and close community. Chances are you could probably catch rides into town with other residents. You might check out the Consejo shores website which has some pretty good info and get you in touch with some folks living there.

Thanks for the tip on Consejo Shores.  I initially skipped over the website because I thought it was mainly directed at land purchasing and development.  I will look into it.

There is a bus that runs into Consejo shores and goes into Corozol.  I do not know the frequency or schedule but seen workers getting on.