Got a job opportunity in Mauritus in teaching in International school

Hello everyone,

I got an offer to teach in Mauritus. There are so many questions.I just need to know how is life style in Mauritus .How much we have to spend in month to have comfortable life there. What is good salary to have comfortable life with spouse and one kid in mauritus.

Pls answer my query at the earliest.

Regards,
Dolly Sirohi

Hi Dolly

How did you apply for a teaching position?

My wife is a teacher and we would like to apply, do you have any tips?

Thank you in advance

Alten

Hi,
I applied through website only.
Well my question remain unanswered. What are the good residential areas to stay with fully furnished appartments.

Thank you
Dolly

Hello,

It depends what you consider a 'comfortable life'. It's a subjective matter. A comfortable life for some would be a good place to live in a suitable environment. For others, it could mean water sports, golfing, luxury residence, high end shopping, fine dining everyday, etc.

Now regarding salary, to be eligible for an Occupation Permit as a Professional, your employment contract would have to carry a minimum monthly wage of MUR 60,000. This is quite enough for a family of three. But then again, it goes back to my first point about what you consider to be a comfortable life.
For some, MUR 60,000 is well enough, for others it would be considered a tight budget, and for some others, well below their expectations.

Thank you for the response.

Sorry I cant give advice on your question as i still live in South Africa.

Do you maybe still have the website where you applied.

Thank you

would you mind sharing the sites you applied through.

Assistance will be appreciated.

Thank you

Hi Dolly

I'm an Indian based in Mauritius for last 10 years. I believe there are a few very good areas to live on the island but I would suggest that you take a place near to your school. If you can let me know the area where your school is located, I would be able to suggest you the best place to live.

Regards
Ritesh

Hi,
The school is located at Mapou .

What are the good options to get fully furnished house.

Regards,
Dolly sirohi

Hi
Mapou is in the north of the island and unfortunately a bit expensive than the rest of the island.

But I guess you can decide to stay in Perybere/ Grand Baie near the sea depending on your budget.

Please drop me a mail and I will connect you with a couple of my friends who stay nearby and whose children go to the same school.

My email is r***

Regards
Ritesh

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

How much the fully furnished 2 bhk will cost

Check the housing section top of this page to give you an idea of prices.

Hello everyone,

@ dollysirohi, have a look online or contact the professionals recommended in the business directory.

https://www.lexpressproperty.com/en/https://www.expat.com/en/housing/africa/mauritius/

Business directory
Real estate in Mauritius

All the best,
Bhavna

Hi Bhavana,

Thank you so much for your information

regards,
Dolly

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

@Neshata2

If you have accommodation to offer please post in the housing section top of this page.