I'm a Frequent Thailand Visitor and Needs Sincere Friends to Show Me!

Hi, I am a well-educated Chinese American who is considering Thailand for retirement. I very much like to know sincere, decent, open-minded, down-to-earth people in Bangkok who will tell me about Bangkok and Thailand (eg. real estate, or anything else) It would be even better if you have the time to show me some condos for sale, hahaha! It's ok if you happen to be an agent but please do kindly show me places that are worthwhile, of good value.  I understand that if you are an agent you naturally have commercial interest in mind and that's ok, but like everyone else I don't like to be "taken for ride".

If it's a bit difficult or daunting to introduce yourself as new friends, please recommend some frienship/get together groups, I'd appreciate it!

Welcome on board m66629 :)

For your accommodation, you can also try the accommodation section of Thailand Classifieds page.

Regards

I think it would be in your best interest if rented for the first six months so you can get a feel of the city before you think about buying a condo.  It will give you a chance to see what different area's of the city has to offer.

If you haven't done so already why don't you Google search: rethai

It will give you a good idea of whats available.  My suggestion would be walking distance to skytrain or subway station.

StrayDog, thanks for your sensible suggestion. I have thought of that, but unfortunately, with a full-time job that I cannot leave beyond just a couple of weeks a time, I just dont have the luxury of 6 months stay in BKK just to have a real feel of it. On the other hand, I don't have any property now, while dollars are plunging and housing soars. I worry that by the time I start searching for a place in Thailand after retirement, prices wil triple, quadruple...

So what you guys suggest I do? I wonder myself. But your replys coming, and hopefully I could met a few decent people...

Thx

Greetings to you.  Before you start buying a condo in Bangkok, what work are you doing while you are here?  As Bangkok is a heavy traffic jam city, its best to live near your work place so as to save the travelling time.  But if you are retired then you can live at the outskirts whereby its quiet, fresh air and lots of space.

OP I understand what you are saying about rising cost but you have not mentioned how many years before retirement.

I have been retired and living in Bangkok for the last seven years and still rent after all this time.  In some people's eyes I have been foolish but I can easily move when I become tired of a place.  If you purchase a condo it may not be so easy to make a move.

Many people feel its not necessary to purchase a condo because rents are so cheap.  I am one of those people and currently pay less than seven years ago for comparable place.

I fully agree with Straydog on rental.  Previously, I was renting a 4 floors shop house and been staying there for 6 years.  The owner try to sell the house for 3 years but could not find any buyer even though there are people coming to see the house.  If one buys the house and divide it by the monthly rent, one can pay rent for 25 years.  Do you buy or rent?  I rather rent instead of putting the money into the house.  What if I need of money and I could not sell the house?

Thanks everyone! I have about 10 years before retirement, I just thought that I might want to buy a place now and rent it out till I come to live. As I said I am worried that prices may go up too much by the time I can stay term  there. But all in all, I just think there is too much problems and risks to buy a condo while not living there. I was just trying to see if there are ways to deal with these risks. So far I cannot think of any.

By the ay, do you guys have a group, a gathering or such that you organize, I would like to attend and listen if you do.

you can use your life in chiangmai the north of thailand here have more foreigner cram and relaxland I live in chiangmai I'm Thail

hi you can searh in this site
this all like for sell condo in english
and this all website in thai
most will more chepper because some no commision

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy&hl=e … 45&bih=476

Closed