Advice on Moving to Scotland

Hi Everyone,

I am a  Canadian who holds an EU passport (Netherlands).  For years, I have wanted to move to the UK but have always put it off for one reason or another.  Now that Brexit is nearly upon us, I need to make the move before March 29, 2019.  My biggest worry is finding a job.  I would be looking for Administrative jobs in the Scottish Courts System.  I am wondering if anybody had any advice/insight into the job market in Scotland for someone who holds an EU passport.  Being that Brexit is coming up soon, would I have a harder time securing a job since I would be coming in on an EU passport?  I've done a lot of research around moving to Scotland, but there is only so much information one can glean from the Internet, so I'd love to hear from some people who have actually made the move and what sorts of experiences they've had.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

First - at the top of the page is a link tour Handy Tools section; if you select that, you'll get access to our expat guides; these contain Information that may help you plan your journey.

To answer your specific questions; to be honest, when I first read your post, I thought I'd struggle with this one.  However, I seem to have struck gold in my first search.  The Scottish Court System has its own website where they advertise for personnel; this link will take you to it.

Once you've read our Expat guides and checked out any links provided; if you have any further specific questions, please come back to us.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team