Thinking about moving to Leyet

Hello everyone, I am Robert Truman and I am thinking about retiring to Leyet . I currently live in Chandler AZ. As of this moment I have guarantee of 3200.00 USD a month as a 100 percent disabled veteran. Is this enough to live comfortably? How and where do I start this transition? I just want to relax and visit the beaches. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Robert Truman and welcome to https://www.expat.com, :)

To find more informations on moving and living in the Philippines, please visit Living in the Philippines guide section.
Also do check Cost of living in Cebu forums where you will find threads that may help you out.

Good luck.

Anas,
Expat.com Team :)

yes you can do it for that.     but what is your disability?     you have to pay medical out of pocket
your insurance and medicare doesnt work there and theres no va in leyte
anyway why did you pick leyte?
leyte is cheap and beautiful
and easy to get there from cebu - cebu has everything one needs in a big city with out the
nightmare of Manila
and ferries with beds are cheap       leave 9pm arrive 4 or 5 am

i go to leyte often
and i met some american retired guys in dunkin donuts one day
and got their contact info

With your guaranteed income, it will be possible for you to live quite comfortably almost anywhere in the Philippines.   Statistically, Leyte will be more prone to feeling the brunt of pacific storms, but I am sure you have other reasons for considering Leyte for your retirement  destination.   As noted above, there are dozens of retirement articles available on the internet for you to collect as much information as you need to help you on your way.

hi robert!
how are you?
glad to find someone who's keen on Leyte.
i was  born and bred in Leyte😊;  left the country in ‘95.  am now planning to go back, with the intention of staying for good.

like a few of the expats here, am curious why you picked  Leyte.  mine's a no brainer—- i live and breath the place.

take care and good luck!

aileen