Close

How much would a daily maid cost

How much do people pay for a maid to come in one day a week, for a full days work?

Is is much different between City and province ?

Also the same question but for a live in maid, what would be the monthly rate ?

Hello

The maid salary will depend on your location. Mostly if you are in NCR or near areas, you will need to pay php3000 to php5000 monthly. And also, do you want them to stay at your place everyday?

In our case, we hire maid weekly (not stay in) for whole housecleaning, and laundry (2 to 3 baskets) for php350.00 to php400.00. Free food.
We are lucky for having really honest people for 5 years. Good luck!

thats a good deal for and honest maid who works so hard ,they deserve more i think .
is that handwashing they do or from a machine you have  them use ?then whole house cleaning ?is it just one person who does it all ?thx for your post and contact !!

Hello

They do the laundry by hand or washing machine, it depends on your request. Most maid who go weekly stay for 3 to 5 hours in the house to do all the tasks, and sometimes they do it alone or with a companion (relative). We also give them fare and extra, so they make php500 to php600 often.

Hi ABCDiamond,

Since you are looking for a maid to come in 1 day a week, it can be assumed that she has to do everything i.e.
general cleaning, change sheets, laundry etc... within the day.

It wouldn't hurt to pay anywhere between P500 - P800 for that day (with a free meal in between), specially if she has to do a week-load laundry for 2-3 persons.   The maid would normally put your clothes on the machine (2 batches) and then proceed with cleaning the bedrooms, living room and kitchen areas.

An additional P100 for transportation wouldn't hurt as well.

In Metro Manila for expats, day rate is between 400-600.  Some do pay a lot more as they have had their helper for a long time. Would suggest starting at 500 (9 hr day) and if you like, then give a bit extra. Its only a few dollars for you, but a meal for them.

Monthly live in can range from 6k to 12k.  I hear stories from locals who complain about their lazy or dishonest helpers, but then only pay 4k.  You really get what you pay for. You need to consider paying Phil Health, SSS, Pagibid. You really dont want your live in to get sick and saddle you with a large medical bill. At least having Phil Health will cover 80% or so.

That's depends on the work you give to her and the hours  too, if you pay less then you expect lazy maid but if you pay which she deserve then you will expect hard worker maid :)

ruberagas :

That's depends on the work you give to her and the hours  too, if you pay less then you expect lazy maid but if you pay which she deserve then you will expect hard worker maid :)

And to that, my question would be how much does one deserve ? 5,000 peso or 50,000 pesos per month ?

To people asking questions like this it generally means they don't know and want guidance.

Its obvious that if someone pays under, then they will probably get a worse service, but when someone has no idea, then how do they know if it is under or over ?

Ehoops88, Petersan and dhnindc have given good answers

not to be hurtful, my friend and landlord is overseas a lot. He pays Phil health,  living, motorcycle, college, phone, higher than normal wage, etc etc for his help, the gals are playing while the boss is away and none of the needs of his 8 houses are being met. So if you are going to do the xtra, always or most often be there. Trust no one.

Moderated by Priscilla last year
Reason : off topic

I live in Norway. The house is in Cagayan de Oro city. I need a care taker from June 01. She must stay in the house and take care of it. There is already one lady caretaker and the other is leaving so I need replacement.

I live in Norway. The house is in Cagayan de Oro city. I need a care taker from June 01. She must stay in the house and take care of it. There is already one lady caretaker and the other is leaving so I need replacement. Salary is 4000 pesos and I pay 1000 for the food and the gas, So it will be all together 5000 pesos a month.

@ MrNorway > This is a topic where we are discussing on the price that we should pay a maid.

For your job offer, i invite you to post in the appropriate section which is : Housemaid jobs in the Philippines.

Thanks

Priscilla  :cheers:

wow thats big money for maid up to p800+ for one day, where i live in samar a few top tradesman make p500 max a day, maids up to p3,000 per month, some foreigners try to out do one another with pay rates for their staff ,but no pinoy boss will pay more than they have to. the going rate in manila is still 3,000 a month for maid.

I live at Manila, I do have a helper, she lives in the house. I provide her, her own room, her own bathroom and the "dirty" kitchen to use as she likes. Her food is from our food and is free to eat whatever is in the house (except us LOL).
Her actual work is not more than 5-6 hours a day. She gets one day off per week which she accumulates and every second weekend she goes to her close by province.
Her salary is 5000p/month plus some small tips from change etc, she as well gets some "bonus" every 5-6 months so all in her monthly income comes to 7000p/month max.
She is the most well paid and best living conditions helper in our area.
Sometimes we hire an extra help since the house is huge and she gets 300p for a good 8 hours work and a free meal. She is 49 years old, together with us 5 years now, and in general I am happy with her and as it seems she is happy with us.
Had younger and cheaper helpers in the past, for 3000p/month. They all left for a better opportunity...not the topic to discuss what they found etc.
Agencies offer helpers, I never had to go there, usually we were recommended one from friends.
Now I plan to start living in my 40m2 condo as well. Obviously not enough space to have a live in helper. I would need someone twice a week to do the dusting mopping and ironing, for 4-5 hours each time. To a quick question at the condo administration office I was told 300p per day all included.

barkz :

wow thats big money for maid up to p800+ for one day, where i live in samar a few top tradesman make p500 max a day, maids up to p3,000 per month, some foreigners try to out do one another with pay rates for their staff ,but no pinoy boss will pay more than they have to. the going rate in manila is still 3,000 a month for maid.

Yep agree, remember that in the Philippines a senior nurse in charge, after 4  plus years of study makes about 30,000php a month.  And from that they then have to pay for there own food and accommodation, electricity, wifi, water etc. etc.

joeatmanila :

I live at Manila, I do have a helper, she lives in the house. I provide her, her own room, her own bathroom and the "dirty" kitchen to use as she likes. Her food is from our food and is free to eat whatever is in the house (except us LOL).
Her actual work is not more than 5-6 hours a day. She gets one day off per week which she accumulates and every second weekend she goes to her close by province.
Her salary is 5000p/month plus some small tips from change etc, she as well gets some "bonus" every 5-6 months so all in her monthly income comes to 7000p/month max.
She is the most well paid and best living conditions helper in our area.
Sometimes we hire an extra help since the house is huge and she gets 300p for a good 8 hours work and a free meal. She is 49 years old, together with us 5 years now, and in general I am happy with her and as it seems she is happy with us.
Had younger and cheaper helpers in the past, for 3000p/month. They all left for a better opportunity...not the topic to discuss what they found etc.
Agencies offer helpers, I never had to go there, usually we were recommended one from friends.
Now I plan to start living in my 40m2 condo as well. Obviously not enough space to have a live in helper. I would need someone twice a week to do the dusting mopping and ironing, for 4-5 hours each time. To a quick question at the condo administration office I was told 300p per day all included.

Yep a lot of expats have no idea of what they should be paying or what a Filipina makes  working in the real world and end up over paying for staff, hence one cleaner leaving to move on to a better job, and they will just keep moving on chasing the money, as I would if a new employer offered me better conditions than my current employer,

Does it mean you don't want a helper that is stay-in? If you only want a stay out helper but needs to like go to your house everyday then 1000 a week is I guess reasonable. When I'm in the Philippines I usually pay 1000 a week for a maid that is not stay in.

My understanding is that a full time live in mad gets around a base wage of 4,000php per month or a total package of 7,200php per month, which includes:  The wage above, plus: Food, Phil Health.  Then of course you will have to pay for the extra electricity and water etc.

Questions and answers about the Philippines

Ask your question
workengage
Bilingual Jobs for Locals and Expats!
By workengage
Victoria99
Reputable co-working space in Cebu/Mactan ??
By Victoria99
MrsBorsic
Visa application through Embassy of Belgium
By MrsBorsic
SJSinKuwait
FILIPINO culture
By SJSinKuwait
FCStraight
How safe is it NOW in the Philippines?
By FCStraight
jevy12
filipina - fiance visa
By jevy12

Expatriate health insurance in the Philippines

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in the Philippines

Moving to the Philippines

Find tips from professionals about moving to the Philippines

Travel insurance in the Philippines

Enjoy a stress-free travel across the Philippines

Flights to the Philippines

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to the Philippines