Questions about REAL cost.

I am retired Navy.  I have been looking online and see that there are VISA I can obtain as a retiree, however the about they wish to have in reserve (20k USD for under 50yrs and 50k for over), could prevent me from moving anytime real soon.

I have about 3400 USD  in retirement income and more once I reach social security age.  Is this a realistic amount to move to the Philippines for me, my wife and daughter?

I would like to place my daughter into a private Christian School.   I like to have a 4 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath house.  I like to be near the beach, but not too far from local shops and what not.

I live in a nice neighborhood now, send my daughter to private school.  Just those two items is roughly 2800 USD per month.

So what you all think, it possible, what am I not thinking about.  What is missing.  If it is too good to be true, it probably is.

Greetings and welcome to expat.com.  Is your wife a Filipina and/or a US citizen or a dual citizen?  I ask because if she becomes a citizen of both countries you can enter the Philippines with her and get your passport stamped to stay a year without having to deal with immigration.  If you leave once a year with her and return again you get another year.  $3,400/month plus SS should be easy living even if including a private school for your daughter.  Good luck.

Welcomne to the forum!

The below is for military retirees.  Pension mentioned can be your military retirement and/or SS.  From what I have heard Disability payments DONOT count!  For more specific info contact the Philippine Retirement Authority.

SRRV EXPANDED COURTESY

For foreign nationals, 50 years old & above, who are retired Armed Force officers of foreign countries with existing military ties and/or agreement with the Philippine Government A monthly pension of at least US$1,000.00 and an SRR Visa deposit of US$1,500.00 are required.

*The value of the property must at least be US$50,000.00

**Required pension of at least US$ 800 for single / US$1,000 for couple

The SRR Visa deposit includes the principal applicant and 2 dependents. Additional dependent, entails additional SRR Visa deposit of US$15,000 each (except for former Filipinos). CHILDREN must be legitimate or legally adopted by the Principal Retiree, unmarried and below 21 years old upon joining the program.

For your wants, it all will depend on where you live and what your main priority is.  Is it the private school for your daughter? Will she commute from home or be in a dorm?  Research the various private schools and where they are located.  Possibilities include Lapu-Lapu on Mactan Island, suburbs of Cebu, around Batangas, etc.  Do you have a preferred area?