Good ISP in Chievres

First post here so Hello Everyone!

So I'm moving to Chievres coming from Stuttgart Germany. I'm looking for a good Internet Provider in this area. Can anyone make any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Los

P.S
If I should be posting this in another area please let me know.

Hi Los

Welcome on Exat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to advise you very soon.

Wish you good luck
Christine

Thanks Christine,

Do you know if I should be posting this in another area?

Thanks

Los

Hi Los,

We don't have Chievres forum. I hope you get many suggestions from members in Belgium very soon. :)

I meant between posting directly in these areas which would be best? I'm leaning towards Brussels right?
Antwerp
Brussels
Liège
Namur

Hello,
My family and I have used Belgacom for two years.  It provides home phone, television pkgs. and internet service.  The community of Chievres is about 25 minutes from where we live and I know several individuals from there that also use Belgacom. The community of Mons has a Belgacom office, and I have been told that their are English speakers in that location.  It's about a twenty minute drive, or train ride, from Chievres. I give Belgacom a B for service.   They do have a phone number for a customer service contact that will direct you to an English speaker. If you are in need of that number, let me know and I can send it to you.

Please be aware,you will find in Belgium, or at the very least, in this area of Belgium it often takes two to three attempts to get something like a service or repair done correctly. Also, many of the homes here are very old, with poor wiring.  This can affect the strength and speed of your wireless service. If you are looking to rent a home, or apt., try to ask the previous tenant or another person in the building what service provider they are using, and what their reception is like.  We have a home built in the 1950's.  Our box is on the third floor where the reception is fast, we have one computer on the second floor, it's a little iffy at times.  And on the bottom floor our reception is only good in the dining room and living room.

Hope this help.  Good luck with your move.

Welcome on board GinainBelgium ;)

Thanks for your contribution ;)

Hi GinainBelgium

Thanks for all the great info and for pointing me in the right direction. I've just had a real bad time with my ISP here in Stuttgart. So I really want to be careful about the ISP I choose this time.

Glad to have helped.  If you need further information about Chievres just drop a line.

Bonjour. I live not far from Chièvres. I have VOO , VOO gives you the phone, the TV and internet ,better than Belgacom.
I am Belgian lady of 61 years old , dog-sitter for small dogs.
Wishing you a good intallation;
Fleur1950

Hello Fleur1950!

Welcome on Expat.com and thanks for your contribution ;)

Regards
Armand

I would highly recommend to avoid Belgacom, they're horrible to deal with. I can't really offer a suggestion as to who to use; we use Dommel (in Antwerpen, not sure if they're all over or what) and it's fine, nothing excellent.

Thanks for all the great info I should be arriving to Belgium on the 23rd of May. Once I get details of my options I'll post them on here to hear what you all think. Thanks again.