HELP! Advise needed urgently,

I am moving into a new flat, but I have to do the TV and internet connection myself. Have no clue.

Which do I trun to Telenet or Belgacom?

Which has better customer service, I'm English speaking, and do not understand dutch or french.
Who gives the best deal on their TV/internet packs, in terms of price, speed, downloads?
How long does it take to intsall their boxes or whetever before  I can start browsing or watching TV?

Thanks  all.

prices almost identical, both offer customer service in English, you could have a wait for installation. Your best bet is to toss a coin. You could have 10 people write here to go with X or go with Y but they are so similar in service and if you research, per numbers of customers, level of complaints similar too.

Toss a coin.

Thanks for the info. I might be tossing that coin. While waiting for installation. Does anyone have old dvds to sell off cheaply or give away?

kezz wrote:

Thanks for the info. I might be tossing that coin. While waiting for installation. Does anyone have old dvds to sell off cheaply or give away?

You are having bad luck with flats.
Three years ago you were asking for DVDs because your satellite was broken.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 736#609162

Hello,

Before choosing one or the other TV network provider, you must inform yourself over the place / region where you live. For Belgium, depending on the region, you will have to go through one or the other company.

Concerning the financial part, it will depend on the options you'll choose. Should be taken into account an installation period and activating more or less following the supplier.

Each will give you a different view on suppliers. The only thing I would say about it is that in choosing suppliers (historical), I never had any problems. It's not like with others ...

The ignorance of French or Flemish should not be a problem. For most operators are used to manage the records of foreign customers.

And why not install via satellite, this can be done very quickly. And above all it would give you access to a lot of English speaking channels.

Fred wrote:
kezz wrote:

You are having bad luck with flats.
Three years ago you were asking for DVDs because your satellite was broken.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 736#609162

That's me Fred, always looking for dvds :D

phipiemar wrote:

Hello,

Before choosing one or the other TV network provider, you must inform yourself over the place / region where you live. For Belgium, depending on the region, you will have to go through one or the other company.

Concerning the financial part, it will depend on the options you'll choose. Should be taken into account an installation period and activating more or less following the supplier.

Each will give you a different view on suppliers. The only thing I would say about it is that in choosing suppliers (historical), I never had any problems. It's not like with others ...

The ignorance of French or Flemish should not be a problem. For most operators are used to manage the records of foreign customers.

And why not install via satellite, this can be done very quickly. And above all it would give you access to a lot of English speaking channels.

Thanks for your input Phipiemar, I have actuaaly though of satellite, but is not not way more expensive than the two other options?

As elsewhere, this will depend on the subscription style that you will take. For the satellite, if you buy the equipment separately, the minimum subscription will return to you at € 11.90 / month without VAT. Get access to 527 TV / radio channels.

You could of course take a complete package phone / internet / satellite tv but it is expensive and not really perfect the internet level. So you could take a subscription with a classic internet provider around € 27.50 / month excluding VAT and a prepaid GSM card.

While a pack GSM / INTERNET / TV in a conventional provider will return to you at € 62.95 / month without VAT.

TELENET!

I attempted to sign on with Belgacom/Proximus and they will tell you it will be 2 weeks for install. Next, I had a question about installation and I was not in their system a week after I called. I told them to CANCEL MY ORDER.

Called TELENET install next day

Proximus Proximus sent me a bill of 39€ for install they never did.

TELENET is also a good provider. But as I tell in the beginning, depending the region where you live, you will have the possibility to choose your provider.

I live in West Flanders, frankly you could not drag me to a Proximus product if it meant saving my life. I refused to pay the bill and I demanded in WRITING that the bill had been canceled, unpaid invoices is bad here, very very bad!

Relax, I'm not a salesman at Proximus !!!

That you had a bad experience with Proximus, it is possible. As other people have had problems with Telenet or VOO ...

phipiemar wrote:

As elsewhere, this will depend on the subscription style that you will take. For the satellite, if you buy the equipment separately, the minimum subscription will return to you at € 11.90 / month without VAT. Get access to 527 TV / radio channels.

You could of course take a complete package phone / internet / satellite tv but it is expensive and not really perfect the internet level. So you could take a subscription with a classic internet provider around € 27.50 / month excluding VAT and a prepaid GSM card.

While a pack GSM / INTERNET / TV in a conventional provider will return to you at € 62.95 / month without VAT.

Thumbs up phipiemar, very useful info. And I understand where Mandideman is coming from. I had gone to proximus office, they said there is no coverage on my street, and they would need governmental approval to dig to install cables, and they intend to come and dig on 3oth December, it all sounds too complex, and I think i'll just look else where, really.

Really thinking Telenet or Satellite.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the inputs.

sent me a bill of 39€ for install they never did.

That's a problem all over the world.
You have to tell them in a very forceful way, but remaining polite, there was no install and you won't be paying.

Telenet all the way! Can't find fault with them, and no, I don't work for them and am not getting paid to say this, I'm just a very happy customer.

If you want cable TV and internet:

https://www2.telenet.be/nl/alles-in-een … gitale-tv/

Have you thought about getting just internet for €26-99, which you can install yourself with a Telenet Self Starter Box (wifi/modem in one unit included) and subscribing to Netflix? Much cheaper and no advertising whatsoever :-)

https://www2.telenet.be/nl/klantenservi … arter-box/https://www2.telenet.be/nl/andere-produ … -internet/

Another advantage of Telenet internet is Homespot, Hotspot and Wi-free which allows you to use your internet account at millions of places around Belgium and Luxembourg.

Hopefully someone nearer to you can help you understand the detailed content of the links I have posted.

In the meantime try your local library for DVD's. I live in Genk and the Bib here has a huge selection! €5/year, 10 items at a time for 30 days.

you can get the main english channels with both telenet and belgacom and most show all the up to date films and tv shows, why pay extra for a sat dish and box?,  and I've found customer service is better than england.

No offense  that means English telecommunications companies you find LESS offensive than België?!?  Daaaaanng, that must be something pretty awful. Telenet is the only DECENT one and customer service is fairly good but coming from a customer driven economy; apparently most of Europe sucks!

Lol, is Proximus doing that to everyone? We had the same issue. But it resolved with just a phone call and we received an email saying we didn't have to pay after all (jee, thanks Proximus).