What are the requirements to marry an Omani guy?

Hello all

I am a foreign girl and I met my omani boyfriend when i was studying in the uk. We've been together since then. I want to know if what are the requirements in order to marry an Omani guy? I heard we have to ask Permission. Does it take long? I appreciate any answers from you guys. Thanks

Hi AnonymousUk,

There are quite a lot of informative posts on this very same subject, available on the forum. So, please do a simple site search and help yourself to the information that is already available there.

Hello
There is a permission rule and quite complex.Starting from ministry of Interior.
Good luck

While there are many complexities, there is one thing which is obvious that even if you somehow manage to marry your Omani boyfriend, you'll certainly not get an Omani citizenship ever.

@Schaz I did some research and it says that you can get an Omani citizenship as long as you live in Omani for 10 years, give birth to a son, speaks arabic and has a clean record. Is this true?

@Nishat Do you know by any chance, how long it takes to get a permission?

AnonymousUk wrote:

@Schaz I did some research and it says that you can get an Omani citizenship as long as you live in Omani for 10 years, give birth to a son, speaks Arabic and has a clean record. Is this true?

Yes, but practically it doesn't happen. There are hundreds of females who're awaited to obtain citizenships for many years but they haven't yet. This is mainly because the government wants to discourage Omanis to marry foreigners as this practice is not really welcomed by local Omani women.