Forbidden affairs in Oman

What is the sunction for those illegal couples in Oman? We are marrie, My husband have an affair with a nurse in Oman. Last year from Oct to January they been together. Prior that i just had instinct that my husband is having an affair worst living with aomeone in hisnflat because we usually have our video call almost everyday until he changed. All these conclusions proove when i was able to found and reach the otherwoman and she admit they have affair but denied that they live together. My husband is back in Oman same as the other woman. My question is, what will I do i just want the girl to go back home in her country. They are smart to act discreet about their affair. But I have exchange of messages and proof of their affair. Can i complain the girl to Oman embassy? I want my husband to stay there, planning to come there eventually but dont want to be around her. If i will complain about there affair in Embassy, will my husband included in the punishment?

Hi prettyrcjn12,

Welcome to Expat.com

I am not sure that Expat.com is the appropriate website to ask such questions.
Maybe you should contact a lawyer and ask him about it.

Thanks,

Priscilla

Hi,

sorry for your situation, but as in my opinion you should consult a lawyer at your home country, and have to file papers there. as  i don't think Oman government has any take in this matter. the other girl must be having a legal right to work and stay in oman, just like your husband.  If your marriage are registered at Oman with internal affairs or concerned ministry then only they can intervene.

Hi prettyrcjn12,

Let me first summarise the gist of your post - of what I could make of it - just to make sure that  I have understood your comments correctly :

- You are not in Oman now.

- Your husband is here in Oman now.

- Your husband is supposedly having an affair with another woman here in Oman.

- You are asking if you can send the 'other' woman back to her home country.

- You are also asking that if you complain, if your husband would get punished.

If my above understandings are correct, then find below my comments :

- You cannot do anything about this rather sticky situation sitting remotely, from outside of Oman.

- Even if you are within Oman, your options are quite frankly very limited.

- If you are in Oman and even if you do take up the matter to the police (yes, you can complain), you cannot complain only against one party (i.e., only about the 'other' woman), since this is a case where two willing parties are involved, and both the parties have an equal share of the goings-on. Yes, as you have rightly stated, your husband would also be in trouble.

- Well, even if you are here, you cannot send the 'other' woman back to her home country on account of her supposed affair with your husband.

- Since this is a purely personal matter between consenting individuals, no embassy would take up this case. This needs to be sorted out only between the individuals involved.

I just wonder how on the earth people publicize their personal life on the public forums.

prettyrcjn12!  Either you sit in US or fly down here in Oman with a couple of boxing gloves.

I would advise just discuss with your husband  and shutout these kind of personal issue .

see a lawyer

oilfieldexpat wrote:

I would advise just discuss with your husband  and shutout these kind of personal issue .

Mr. Expert!

As if the husband will realize and then he would say sorry and then he would be out on a date  :dumbom: and then they lived happily ever after  :whistle:

prettyrcjn12 wrote:

What is the sunction for those illegal couples in Oman? We are marrie, My husband have an affair with a nurse in Oman. Last year from Oct to January they been together. Prior that i just had instinct that my husband is having an affair worst living with aomeone in hisnflat because we usually have our video call almost everyday until he changed. All these conclusions proove when i was able to found and reach the otherwoman and she admit they have affair but denied that they live together. My husband is back in Oman same as the other woman. My question is, what will I do i just want the girl to go back home in her country. They are smart to act discreet about their affair. But I have exchange of messages and proof of their affair. Can i complain the girl to Oman embassy? I want my husband to stay there, planning to come there eventually but dont want to be around her. If i will complain about there affair in Embassy, will my husband included in the punishment?

people cheat coz there is always someone willing to cheat with them, unless one party aint aware of an already established relation.
in this case, your husband and his mistress are both willing and feel no remorse . Reporting the girl to the embassy wont stop your husband from cheating, there are so many freelancers out there. DO WHAT YOU FEEL IS BEST FOR YOU

hav no doubt that Prettyrcn is a kindhearted sincere wife and she really is in a situation where she needs some help in an issue she never got involved with but I recommend she goes over all comments above and  must say I fully agree  to what Mariamns has said and emphasize that such very very personal intrigue is to be resolved only by the concerned couple

This forum, i believe is not the right place to discuss extremely personal issues. People, instead of anything else take this as a moment of laugh and im sure the topic creator wouldn't want any funny stuff over here.

So just relax, resolve this matter yourself. Noone here will be able to help you out.

P.S, the topic creator still need boxing gloves  :joking:

you first come to Oman and stay with your husband and take the situation into your hands , here your post defines that you just want to send that lady out from Oman and you can lead a happy life with your husband but the fact is whether the lady stays in Oman or not make sure your husband will not cheat you and its not a easy task as you have mentioned they are smart enough.

even though being a lady i can completely understand your situation and its purely personal still, due to the confusions and fear your going through about your relationship is making you to write over here.

Dont know about your family and kids still after coming here ladies have to be quite dependent unless they get job and DL which takes a long time so if you have to deal with the tough situation like this then it may lead you to depression. So be smart enough to handle by yourself .

and then at last you can only consult a  lawyer

schaz wrote:

This forum, i believe is not the right place to discuss extremely personal issues. People, instead of anything else take this as a moment of laugh and im sure the topic creator wouldn't want any funny stuff over here.

So just relax, resolve this matter yourself. Noone here will be able to help you out.

P.S, the topic creator still need boxing gloves  :joking:

Yes;to box you to pieces

Prayers for you