Oman Labour Card

Hi I came from Pakistan two weeks ago and due to some emergency or personal issue I want to go back. My labour card is not yet processed. Is it necessary to get labour card before going back to our country. And if i want to cancel my visa than it will also be necessary

HI umaraziz,

If you have to go, you have to go.

There will be no issues. Only get your visa cancelled as required and only then exit.

You can even exit without getting your visa cancelled, but that would be an ill advised move. Don't do it.

In case you arrived on an Employment visa, then am sure your employer would be pretty upset and you need to come to an amicable agreement before going.

Good luck !

Thanks, Yes I have employment visa. and per my contract I have served my 7 days notice period during probation period. And he said untill you will not get labour card you cannot got back. They will check your labour card at AIrport. One more thing is that the recruiter is forcefully stopping me to stay here and he kept my passport. How can I get my passport back even I have resigned legally.

Hello umaraziz,

I had a hunch that your employer would not let go of you so easily - as would any employer for that matter !

Well, no one can forcibly hold you back. That would amount to kidnapping.

You should take up your issue immediately with the Indian Embassy and with the Ministry of Manpower.

It is going to be complicated and not so simple.

Unfortunately you have put yourself in a soup. Best would be for you to try and exit without any unnecessary hassles. And for that you would need your employer's consent.

Good luck to you.

Thanks for your information. I am trying my best and request my employer/recruiter to give my passport back or I want to go back safely without any issue. What will the case If I will consult embassy or Ministry of Power, how much time they will take to resolve my issue, and what can be the possible decision.

And I think no one can stop me forcefully event I have resigned and quit my job on legal ways. What will you suggest what I have to do now. Can any employer stop you forcefully ?

Understand that your employer would have spent a good deal of time, effort and money in getting you onboard. If you choose to walk away after after just 2 weeks time, obviously it would irk any employer.

The only option that I can see for you is to compensate your employer for the airfare, visa fee and other incidental costs that they may have incurred on you.

Going to the Embassy / the Ministry of Manpower would result in a time consuming and protracted battle with your employer. That's exactly why I said that it would not be so simple.

Whether you like it or not, you are now at your employer's mercy. So deal your cards wisely.

Best of luck !

Yes you are right. I have requested my employer to get money as a recruitment expense (Visa Fee, Air Ticket, Labour Card Charges etc..) and let me go but He is not agreed. Even I told him to not pay my working days salary and keep my salary to reimburse yours expense.

But there is also omani law that if employee want to go back he can resign with 7 days notice period in probation period. Which I have done so. I am also willing to pay their recruitment expense with my working days salary. But they are not accepting my offer. I have resigned legally and they are all doing illegally with me

Well then, that leaves you with no other option but to take it up with your Embassy and with the Ministry of Manpower and let them mediate on your behalf.

By holding your passport against your will. your employer is doing something illegal and so he would not want this to be brought to the notice and attention of the authorities.

So if the authorities are involved, then your employer will review your case very differently. And hopefully you will be able to exit soon.

Best wishes.

umaraziz wrote:

Yes you are right. I have requested my employer to get money as a recruitment expense (Visa Fee, Air Ticket, Labour Card Charges etc..) and let me go but He is not agreed. Even I told him to not pay my working days salary and keep my salary to reimburse yours expense.

But there is also omani law that if employee want to go back he can resign with 7 days notice period in probation period. Which I have done so. I am also willing to pay their recruitment expense with my working days salary. But they are not accepting my offer. I have resigned legally and they are all doing illegally with me

Dear Umar,
Would you mind elaborating the nature of the work (for which you're hired) and the employer company's name. It would really  be helpful to suggest you a few more tips.

Hi, please I got a housemaid job here in Oman and I want go back to my country at the end of one year how can i cancel my visa I have my resident card and my passport is with my boss and I have my return ticket to my country please what can I do please help me

Hi miz independent,

Since your sponsor is in custody of your passport, you cannot exit the country without his knowledge.

Also, you cannot cancel your employment visa by yourself. You would need your sponsor to take you to the airport to do the needed.

If you feel that you are being treated unfairly, necessitating your exit, then you can report your case to your country's embassy if it is in Muscat, or report your sponsor to the Ministry of Manpower. You can lodge a complaint even online.

Hi sir I have a labour card and passport   I want to go back my country cause shop was already close what should I do?