Medical test after landing in Oman

I would be traveling to Oman next month thus I have done my GAMCA medical here in India done and declared fit, thus would like to know that will there be Medical test again after reaching in Oman and how long does it take??? How strict or stringent are they with their medical norms??
How and What are the criterion to get the Resident card/permit in OMAN???

abhishek926 wrote:

I would be traveling to Oman next month thus I have done my GAMCA medical here in India done and declared fit, thus would like to know that will there be Medical test again after reaching in Oman and how long does it take??? How strict or stringent are they with their medical norms??
How and What are the criterion to get the Resident card/permit in OMAN???

The medical at Oman would likely to be a formality as they just take the blood test for specific report. You'll be accompanied by your employer's PRO to the medical test facility.

Once it is done (in a span of around 2/3 days), you will be eligible to obtain the resident permit card.

Yes u will be required to do medical tests again at a visa defined clinic or medical centre.which results will be taken to e institute of infectious diseases. U will fill some forms from e ministry of manpower. And all e signature verifications at e police. Your employer Will take u through all e process. Within 2 or 3days u will be done.good luck

Hi all
Wanna know what medical tests are done after landing in Oman? Does it include vision test as well? I am to undergo Lasik surgery in my Right eye. Vision is supposed to be poor (only in Right eye) for a couple of weeks... Will that affect me after landing in Oman...??
Thanks

Hi, when I had my medical in Oman three years ago it was blood test (HIV) , urinalysis (pregnancy) and chest X-ray (TB). I did have basic eye test to convert my driving licence.

Spicygossip wrote:

Hi all
Wanna know what medical tests are done after landing in Oman? Does it include vision test as well? I am to undergo Lasik surgery in my Right eye. Vision is supposed to be poor (only in Right eye) for a couple of weeks... Will that affect me after landing in Oman...??
Thanks

Hi Spicygossip,

Upon your arrival and prior to your resident card registration you would have to go to the Ministry of Health clinic in Darsait, stand in a long queue, get a couple of vials for collecting your blood samples.

To cut to the chase, no eye test will be done.

Is this still following or its an expired one.. no x ray??

anandh2025 wrote:

Is this still following or its an expired one.. no x ray??

No x-ray would be taken for the local medicals.

thank you so much for youe kind reply

Hey everyone
Just wanna ask what medical tests are done after getting fit from GAMCA and after landing in oman.
Does they just take blood test or go for full check up like GAMCA.

What tests are done at present for resident card after landing in Oman?

You'll have to go through medical checkups in oman.

@Susan Peterson  Dear Sir did you get reply for this

@hussainakram4

Do you have the same inquiry?

If so, I landed in Oman last Nov 2021 and did the medical in Badr Al Saama in Ruwi.

The medical tests are almost the same with the GAMCA

- complete blood count

- urinalysis

- vdrl/tpha

- hiv

- hepa b

- hepa c

- creatinine

- xray

Wanna know what medical tests are done after landing in Oman?

Does it include vision test as well?

Thanks

@ SibilMuhammed

All the tests as listed above. A vision test is not mandatory and it is taken while going for driving license.

Regards,

Asif