I want to know how to start small business in oman

salam. i am imran from Karachi Pakistan, i was doing small business in uae last about 10 years but came back my home country. now i am planning to start up new business in Oman. in this matter i want to know about licence procedure, cost of licence, sponsorship, which city is best, i have planning to established building maintenance business there , required suggestion from all u people.   thanx    imran khan Karachi pakistan

Hello imran and welcome to Expat.com

Hope that some members who have been through those steps will be able to give you some tips soon.

Regards
Kenjee
Expat.com Team

yup still waiting a good advise .

Dear ..
Trade is not difficult in Amman, but in the laws and conditions that must be followed, especially in the construction field.
And also depends on whether you want to be the company under your name or be with Omani partner. Because there are different laws.
if you have any more question you can ask .

Muscat is good place for business but you will face tough competition here.
If you go some remote sides then your will loose sales volume so its upto you. if you are ready to face competition (if you trust your product/qlty) then go for Muscat as your business place. Make sure be clear about the nature of company, it can be LLC (where u can be partner) or below llc (establishment) where everything will be under your local sponsor's name
Rgds

Hi Imran,

I know this is a very old post. I just want to check if you have succeded opening your business in Oman. Maybe you can gi e some advise if you have indeed proceed. Thanks.

Hello,

Team please advise how to open a small business in Oman with 100% ownership.

Please email it to ***

Thanks

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
ammadkazmi wrote:

Hello,

Team please advise how to open a small business in Oman with 100% ownership.

Please email it to ***

Thanks

Hi ammadkazmi,

The first advice to you is, please read the many other posts on the same subject in the forum to even understand the basic eligibility criteria for opening any business in Oman - small or big.

Oman does not permit expatriates to be the sole owners of businesses.

There has to be a local (Omani) major shareholder involved.

Get all the details, already available in the forum please.

I'm Abdul Nizar from India, ( Kerala ) I'm looking for a job also I'm looking for a small business start in Oman

Hi Imran - Old post but for anyone interested still - I registered a business in Muscat recently. I am a US citizen so did not require a sponsor. To begin the process, I went to the Ministry of Commerce and filled out some paperwork, went to the senate for typing / document prep as required, then paid the registration fees about 70 OMR total. I had to go back to the U.S. so did not finish the residence process - which can be done within a day and costs about 300 OMR with a business license. Hope this helps anyone looking to invest in Oman. Feel free to ping me if you require additional info!

Hi. i wish to know more details. if the post is still live, pls ping me in wattsapp ***

Moderated by Christine 4 years ago
Reason : for security reason, please do not post your contact details on the forum. Thank you

Hello,
Oman now allows 100% ownership of the business to the foreign investors starting from 2nd January 2020

Hallo sir thanks for the information regarding setting up business  when you are coming back to mct so i can meet you personally and get some more information. My contact details are tel ***.

Moderated by Diksha 4 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.

Hallo sir what is the process to register business in oman

Hello,

Can I set up a business in Oman by myself? Without taking assistance from any company formation service provider?

Salam brother how are you
Im shan from dubai and working here in properties all over dubai. Im here since 7 years. Im happy ith my current job in property but im trying to start my 1st business whoch i did here 2 years in 2012
perfumes and  ladies dresses and boutique special arabic styles abaayas and kurties.
I was importing from pakistan karachi and i was earning v good money from.it.
I saw your msg and your sympathy and humbleness tht without asking u mentiones many things overthere about feeses. So im happy and willing to spk ith you. Just for u i made just now this account first time.
Kindly can u send me one whtsapp msg brother  so i ill call you . Thankxx alot
Shan

Moderated by Diksha 3 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for safety reasons.

Hello, im from India, I'm here in Oman to open small business and I have two options now in Oman within my budget of 5k Omr.

Im on visit visa .

Q1. One is Running business of restaurant and other Supermarket. Which one should I opt , because my total budget only 5000 Omr which include Visa , license , purchase a, etc. The restaurant negotiated 4000 Omr and Supermarket 3000 Omr. Both rent 450 omr monthly...

Q2. What are the Documentations and total cost for License, Visa to register under my name.

Q3. Which business would be more profitable ?

@Nijanth123 bonjour Mr je viens vers solliciter va être être à fin de m'aider à intégrer l'oman je suis un citoyen camerounais à la recherche du bonheur et des conditions de vie meilleures merci Mr pour votre immense attention

it depends on the area you choose and your expertise. in this budget CR and your visa is possible but double check omanization quota requirments and employee visas expenses. besides this restaurant license need alot of approvals from muncipality so keep that in mind as well.

Hello Michel,

Could you kindly write in English please as this is an English speaking forum?

If you wish to engage in French you can do so on Forum Oman.

Thanks,

Yoginee

Expat.com team