Albanian boyfriend in detention centre

Hi, my boyfriend is currently in a detention centre in Heathrow. This is the second time he has been caught in the UK altho the first time he was sent straight back so this is the first time being in detention. We had a bail hearing on Wednesday and bail wasn't granted because he didn't claim asylum when he first arrived and the fact that it's the second time being caught. Our solicitor is now going to apply for home office bail but has said there is less chance of it being granted. We are due to have our first baby in 6 months and I'm worried sick. Can anyone give me any help/advice. Thanks

Go to his country and live there.

DonnaM1983 wrote:

Hi, my boyfriend is currently in a detention centre in Heathrow. This is the second time he has been caught in the UK altho the first time he was sent straight back so this is the first time being in detention. We had a bail hearing on Wednesday and bail wasn't granted because he didn't claim asylum when he first arrived and the fact that it's the second time being caught. Our solicitor is now going to apply for home office bail but has said there is less chance of it being granted. We are due to have our first baby in 6 months and I'm worried sick. Can anyone give me any help/advice. Thanks

Welcome to the Forum :)

I don't think anyone can give advice or help, well nothing that you will want to hear. The UK has been getting tough on immigration for a while now and as your boyfriend has been caught twice now he has effectively blown all chances of being able to move to the UK.

The rules for asylum are as follows:

To stay in the UK as a refugee you must be unable to live safely in any part of your own country because you fear persecution there.

If you're stateless, your own country is the country you usually live in.

This persecution must be because of:

your race
your religion
your nationality
your political opinion
anything else that puts you at risk because of the social, cultural, religious or political situation in your country, for example, your gender, gender identity or sexual orientation
You must have failed to get protection from authorities in your own country.

I doubt your boyfriend could have claimed in the first place. As you have sought legal advise there is nothing else that I say to you. If he had gone through the proper channels first, he might have had a chance. I don't think I have heard of a case when a person who has been caught twice for staying illegally being granted a "stay". I am no expert though.  Why not take Fred's advise and move to Albania? If you want to be together this looks to be your only option now.

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, movingbtheres isn't really an option. I have other children and there is no chance that their Father would allow this.

@DonnaM1983 late post but how did this go

@DonnaM1983 late post but how did this go
-@jodiehartley21

The OP has not been active since 2018 so do not expect a reply.

You can open a new thread.