Work/Live in London (Construction Management) - Moving From Sydney

Long time reader, first time poster...

I'm a 23yr old male from Sydney, Australia; background Armenian (like Kim Kardashian, although she is not a great example). I will have completed my 4yr Construction Management and Property Economics Degree from the University of New South Wales by the beginning of 2013 with a sound academic transcript (unless something goes terribly wrong). I was looking to move in the second half of next year to give me some more time to save.

I have worked for a Quantity Surveyor for 2yrs (Altus Page Kirkland) and currently employed as a Contracts Administrator for a year (Richard Crookes Constructions). I was delving into the possibilities of Working abroad in London for a year or so, travelling Europe in my spare time.

This epiphany has only been brewing for a couple of months so obviously I have a plethora of questions that I need answered. Some of which I have answered myself through this very helpful and FREE guide linked below:

1stcontact.com/career-relocation/london-guide.aspx

Questions I need answered include:
- Are there any/many jobs in the construction industry?
- How much will I need? i.e. for rent/bond, tube, living etc.
- Besides Camden, Clapham, Putney, Shephards Bush (heard from friends/family) what other areas should I check out?
- Is it hard to get a work sponsorship?
- What is an average remuneration package for someone my age/experience.

I don't want to come over earning a wage which will not allow me to live comfortably, as I have also entertained the idea of travelling around Europe as mentioned previously. I have come to the conclusion that living/working in Europe is the best way to travel Europe, convenience-wise and finance-wise, life experience-wise.

So if some of you have had the same questions as me, and have had them answered, and are free for 5 minutes, please enlighten me :-)

Can't wait, just need some guidance.

Regards

gyag03

Hello Gyag03.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

My advice is to take a look into the participative guide. It will help.

You can also browse through the London forum where you can find answers to your questions.

Thank you,
Aurélie