Visit visa in the UK

Salam everyone. I was invited by my friend to visit her in London and im planning to travel in January 2015. I was going through all the visa procedure and learned that i need to file the visa application 3 months before the planned date. Does anyone of you here knows the visa processing? Can I not apply for the visa less than 3 months since all the documents needed are complete to support my application? Thanks in advance for your reply.

WaAliakum Salam

While waiting for a response, try contacting the British Embassy. I suppose they will know the answer to that. And also there might be a fast-track option. I've looked at the Visa website, and it shows that it can possibly be processed within 2 weeks. I'm not entirely sure, so I hope someone with sufficient knowledge comes along and knows the answer.

Regardless, good luck!

Thanks.. Yes, I'll visit the embassy this week. Hope i could sort it out soon. It's my 1st time to go there, so Im really excited!

It's a bit cold, so make sure you're prepared for that!

Hello,

I just wanna share my office colleague experience in apply visit visa to UK, she using visa agency in Jeddah and pay all the cost around SAR 1700 but the visa agency confirm her in advance that the fail application will still cost her those money and there were no refund, unfortunately due to not meet certain requirement on saving account in her Saudi Arabia bank account (while she has big saving account in her Lebanon bank account but that doesn't count), she fail in having her visa and lost the fee too .

My advise though, please ask your friend to send you invitation (if she are UK citizen) so can smooth your way, or ask your spouse (if you married) to becoming your guardian and have trip with you (make sure you pass all the requirements before you apply).

Good luck dear.

Hello Lina,

I agree with XB23, you need to call Riyadh UK high commission to guide you on visit visa requirements. My experience of fellows working in Saudi is that UK visa will be granted as long as the visa officer is convinced that you have a reasonably paid job and supporting bank statements in Saudi and you have a history of going on holidays ( eg Egypt, Turkey, a European prior visa on your passport is a definite plus)

The rules are 3 month advance application for visa but in practice it takes 2 to 3 weeks.

i will strongly advise you to apply directly at the Embassy and not hire services of an agent, it is simple, if you qualify, you will get the visa. :)