Doubt about 2 year ban

Hi,
I' ve be in Oman for 1 and half years. Once I reach india for my annual leave, due to some personal reasons I cannot go back to Oman again. So, I didn't cancel my visa. Now it is going to be 2 years. So, can I go back to Oman after completion of two years?

Thanks in advance

Hi Surajvp1234,

If I have understood your rather confusing post correctly, you have already left Oman and would be shortly completing 2-years outside of the Sultanate.

Now, no one would know when your two-year ban would have commenced as when you left, you did not get your employment visa cancelled.

Your two-year countdown would officially start from the time your visa has got cancelled. So do you know when that was ?

Hi sumitran,

At that time I called my sponsor and told him, I will send my civil card for cancellation. Then he told me that, no need to send. After six months your visa will get automatically cancelled. So, I didn't do anything. Now it's going to be 2 years. I am little bit confused now.

Thanks

Hi Surajvp1234,

If that is the case, then on completion of 2-years - from the 6-months of your departure - you should be able to travel back to the Sultanate.

Hi sumitran,

Thank you very much for clearing my doubts. And I forgot to mention one more thing. Can I use my old Oman driving license which is not expired and currently with me. And the driving licence no is my old civil d number.

Thanks

Hi Surajvp1234,

You could choose to continue using the same driving licence as long as it is valid, or you could go to the ROP and have a new one issued with the new sponsor details. Either way, the Oman driving licence that you have would be considered as valid and so, good for use.

Hi sumitran,

Once again thank you very much for clearing all my doubts.

Sir i have also same this issue. I can't understand.
The visa cancellation date was started from the 6 moths later of my departure?

SHAbii wrote:

Sir i have also same this issue. I can't understand.
The visa cancellation date was started from the 6 moths later of my departure?

Hi SHAbii,

This is not the case all the time.

If the sponsor wishes, the date can be even advanced.

If the sponsor wishes, then there could be other complications too.

Reading the many other similar queries and responses to such queries already available in the forum might help.