Does Anxiety Disorder considered a unfit for GAMCA

Hi there,

I'm to appear for GAMCA this week for a job in the Gulf. I have anxiety disorders but not on daily medications, anymore, but need to carry SOS for certain situations.

Is that a problem, and determined as Unfit to work in Gulf?

Hi thatbongguy,

Tests conducted at the GAMCA are of the physical kind. Nothing beyond.

So there's nothing for you get anxious about !

Thanks! Appreciate your help.

Theoretically, if you have a mental disorder, you are unfit.  Read the testing guidelines, Annex C and page 38:

https://gcchmc.org/Images/RulesAndRegul … ov2016.pdf

However as said above, no one really tests for this in GAMCA or in the GCC.  The only time you are asked this is when the doctor is examining you and that too as a standard question on a checklist i.e. do you suffer from any mental illness.  There is no need to disclose anything at this stage.

I know people with much more serious illnesses like schizophrenia and the like; who are on controlled medication and leading productive lives all over the GCC.  They were also diagnosed in the GCC and treated here - no one made an issue or talked about deporting them.

Thanks XTang! really appreciate your help. I hope I can carry some prescription medications from India (I read that not more than 1 month's can be carried and need to be as medical report which is checked during immigration), for the time being, and later get prescription led medications there.

Theoretically yes.  Practically, no one really checks unless you are pulled aside while walking through customs and have a large quantity on you.

To be on the safe side, carry a prescription from a doctor and one month supply (for controlled or narcotic medicines, it is advisable to have an attested prescription i.e. MOFA/GCC Embassy in home country).  No need to declare anything as you walk through customs. 

This is the life in the GCC; if everything is going ok, nothing happens and no one bothers but if there is an issue, then it is a BIG issue :)

Perfect! Thanks for being extremely articulate and unbiased with your response. You have been very helpful. :)