Close

New members of the Canada forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Canada forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Canada if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello ,
I’m also new here, My name is Dana i live in Kuwait right now i am planning to move to Canada to build my life there

Hello Danaebrava,
Welcome do Expat.com :-)
Between Kuwait and Canada, there are so many differencies...have you ever come to the country?

Hello,
No i havent been in the country

The best thing would be a prospecting trip, so that you get to know much better this country which could help you get the pros and cons of moving to Canada.
Moving abroad is such a critical decision, with so many impacts and recurring administrative hassles...

Hello everyone,

I’ve just moved to Toronto as a permanent resident after some time in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

I’ve been here 3 times before so had no hesitation once I got my PR, and I’ve also studied in the USA before.

Before Dubai I spent some time doing my MBA in Madrid, Spain.

I look forward to getting fully settled in here. Initial impressions are very good.

Am also open to meeting with fellow expats/Canadians for a drink or two, or a meal even.

Hey :)
My name is Mary, I'm from Saint-Petersburg (Russia),going to move to Canada with my boyfriend this year. We're both biologists, I'm - biochemist, He's - geneticist, but working as a shipbuilder and musucian.
To be honest, living in Canada - is a HUGE Dream of my boyfrined, but not mine. But i love him and want to support him in his dreams, so thats why i'm here and wanna become a canadian expat :)

Hello Mariia,
Welcome to the forum. As you said, Canada is a dream for millions of people. Some of them will enjoy their expat experience, some other won't. We usually strongly advise our members to visit your future city of residence once in the Winter and once in the Summer to be sure about your expat project.