My Introduction :) is canada 75% french speaking?

Hi! My name is Yesa. I've been to 3 different countries namely Singapore, Malaysia and Dubai. It have been a tough  time though because I did not succeed. I planned to go to Canada but I was not able to pursue that as of yet. But I am currently enhancing my french speaking skills. I believe Canada is composed of about 75% french speaking people. Is this still accurate?

Anyways, As of the moment I am currently looking for an online job and helping my husband in his Real Estate career. He sells hectares of lands, commercial spaces, house and lots and condominiums. So maybe he can help those foreigners looking for accommodation and can be converted to a business afterwards.

:)

Yesa.Buna wrote:

Hi! My name is Yesa. I've been to 3 different countries namely Singapore, Malaysia and Dubai. It have been a tough  time though because I did not succeed. I planned to go to Canada but I was not able to pursue that as of yet. But I am currently enhancing my french speaking skills. I believe Canada is composed of about 75% french speaking people. Is this still accurate?

Anyways, As of the moment I am currently looking for an online job and helping my husband in his Real Estate career. He sells hectares of lands, commercial spaces, house and lots and condominiums. So maybe he can help those foreigners looking for accommodation and can be converted to a business afterwards.

:)

According to the 2011 Canadian census,
56.9% Speak English as their language
21.3% Speak French as their language

However over 85% of Canadians have a working knowledge of English .
while only 30.1% have a working knowledge of French.

English is the better option for wider acceptance in general.

However it does depend on what part of Canada you go to, some areas are almost zero French.

Quebec is the only province to to have French as its sole provincial official language, with 78% speaking French and 8% speaking English.

Ottawa however has 14.2% French speaking

Vancouver has 0.03% French speaking

Toronto has 0.5% French speaking

Thank you! that helps.. so it is in Quebec only that most of them speak french. :)

Yesa.Buna wrote:

Thank you! that helps.. so it is in Quebec only that most of them speak french. :)

I did some more checking and found the French speaking percentages per province as

French : Province/Territory
93.0%    Quebec (Montreal)
31.6%    New Brunswick ( Fredericton and Saint John)
4.8%    Yukon
4.4%    Ontario (Ottawa and Toronto)
4.1%    Prince Edward Island
3.8%    Nova Scotia (Halifax)
3.8%    Manitoba (Winnipeg)
2.9%    Northwest Territories
2.2%    Alberta (Edmonton and Calgary)
1.9%    Saskatchewan
1.6%    British Columbia (Victoria and Vancouver)
1.4%    Nunavut
0.6%    Newfoundland & Labrador

However:
Half of the French Speakers in Canada also speak English
Under 10% of the English Speakers in Canada also speak French

Hello.
  Canada is not 75 % french speaking.. Quebec is the  only province that speaks French. they tried to teach French in high school but that was a wasted effort, because we did not have any french speaking people with a 1500 miles from us.
   You have to practicing speaking a language with another person.
  If you speak french, it is easier to get into Quebec,, but that is not a garauntee.
  If you have aany questions, send me a pm on this site,
Al

Hello Yesa :)

Since your post yielded more response about Canada, please note that your thread has been moved to the Canada forum.

Feel free to create another thread on the Philippines forum if you have any help to ask about Philippines itself

Regards
Kenjee

No actually
All of canada speaks English Except for province of Quebec and New Brunswick which are predominantly French.
But you can still function in English

If you land in any other province english will be primary language.

Hi,

Actually most of Canada in English speaking and most French speaking Canadians also speak English.

Craig