New members of the Austria forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Austria forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Austria if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi, Julien!

Anyway, I am Garry from the Philippines.

I would like to ask for your advice and help, as well as your support, since I am planning to move there soon.

I would like to know more friends and people who can help me adapt to culture and life there. I had to chance to have business trip and vacation last 2016 for an international conference (I was in Munich, too). I fell in love with Wien.

Hope to know you guys more!

Danke. can ask my advice if you have any questions...i would be glad to help

Hi my name is Tony Sable and have been in Austria since 1994 and have worked full time employed and at the same time self employed in the field of Real Estate-Financial-Insurance Consultancy and also as a Business Trainor/Consultant for Global Networking Freelance..glad too be a part of this group

I just sent you a message. Danke!

Hello All,

I am from India.

Its been a while I am reading the blogs, discussions about life in Austria/Vienna.. People, culture, stats etc etc.. Most people say knowing German language makes things easier.. I am planning to come with Highly Qualified Worker(job seeker) visa, I ll have 6months to search a job and what I've been reading is, knowing German will help get a job easily.. I am looking for some help in this regard :)

Plz share your suggestions/experiences in finding a job in 6months.. How likely or unlikely it might be..

Welcome to the Forum :)

It might help if you actually tell us what kind of job you are looking for?

Thank you :)

Right now I am working as a Product Manager in India and I am looking for a similar profile in Austria as well.. I have around 10 years exp..

Hi, I am English and still based in the UK. I am interested in relocating to Vienna. Any tips on employment and relocation would be appreciated

Welcome Alan :)

In my eyes Austria is far better than the UK, maybe that's why I've lived here for 9 years ;) what kind of work would you be looking for? German is needed for most things but in some cases you can get away with none or just basic. How is your German?