Job/ kid/ family in Jeddah

Hello everyone,

my husband got a job in Jeddah and we are considering to move there as a family. Therefore we have some questions and would appreciate your feedback.

Our background:
European family with a toddler (3,5 years old);  living in the Middle East (Dubai and Qatar) for the last 5 years.

Questions:

1) would you recommend to move to Jeddah as a family?  Package around 80kSAR/month

2) after how many months can the family join the husband? (How long does the family have to wait for the visa?)

3) what are the expatriate's wifes and kids doing in the afternoons? - are there activities for kids outside the compounds or mainly staying in the compound and hope to find some friends there?

4) which western compound could you recommend for a family with small kid? (Approx Costs?)

5) how is  the ladies dress code inside and outside the compound?

6) is there any chance for the wife to find a  job ( degrees in Engineering and IT)
Is working as a wife under husbands sponsorship legal or need another visa?

7) are expat ladies allowed to drive?

8) how are the monthly expenses if we would like to choose a good school and a villa in awestern compound?

9) how is the health care? What's better: public or private hospitals?

I'm sorry if the questions sounds weird but we're never been in KSA...
Thank you in advance for all your feedback
And have a great day

1) would you recommend to move to Jeddah as a family?  Package around 80kSAR/month

It's a very nice offer

2) after how many months can the family join the husband? (How long does the family have to wait for the visa?)
For my case it took me 5 months some longer some shorter the thing Is he needs to get his residency first which might take time

3) what are the expatriate's wifes and kids doing in the afternoons? - are there activities for kids outside the compounds or mainly staying in the compound and hope to find some friends there?

Not sure as am living in Riyadh but bare in mind that Jeddah is extremely humid Sometimes the air is unbreathble for my case at least so I think main activities will have to be indoor

4) which western compound could you recommend for a family with small kid? (Approx Costs?)

5) how is  the ladies dress code inside and outside the compound?

Inside you can wear whatever you like outside you ll have to wear your abaya (not necessarily black) without the scarf

6) is there any chance for the wife to find a  job ( degrees in Engineering and IT)
Is working as a wife under husbands sponsorship legal or need another visa?

To be honest not sure myself and many other friends of mine couldn't get jobs as they would rather give them to Saudi ladies as part of the country's objectives, if you do get one they will transfer your legal sponsorship under the company s

7) are expat ladies allowed to drive?

Starting June

8) how are the monthly expenses if we would like to choose a good school and a villa in awestern compound?

Schools are very expensive again can't help am in Riyadh

9) how is the health care? What's better: public or private hospitals?

So far I be had terrible healthcare hospital experiences, expats are not allowed in public hospitals here I think best advice if u get sick go home get better then come back lol from my own experience I know it's not all bad people

There u go hope this was helpful

Thank you for taking time to answer my questions

80k wow.. Its a amazing offer. Well you have lot of things to do in jeddah.. Live near corniche should be a 1st priority. And evening and laye night you can enjoy the life of jeddah with your kids n husband. Dor more more you can contact me.. I hope you like my rply