Umah from Jeddah

Is Jeddah inside Meeqat or not?
Some people say it is and some say it is not.

If I am inside Jeddah, so before going for Umrah do I have to go outside some place from where Meeqat starts and then go to Mecca? Or I can go to Mecca directly from Jeddah?

Dear,

You can wear Ihram anywhere in Jeddah. And pray to rakkah for Umrah. Thr is no such thing as mikat in Jeddah. Jeddah is abvously out of the mikat. So no worries. Do remember me in your prayers.

Jazakallah khair

Thanks brother. I am leaving for Makkah in half an hour. InshaAllah will remember you in my prayers.

This applies only to people living in Jeddah and not visiting.

Am not the right person to give fatwa, but from what I know, if you were visiting Jeddah for whatever reason and then you decided to go to Makkah for Umrah then yes you can do Ihram from here and go directly to Makkah, but if you had the intention (Niyah) for doing Umrah before coming to Jeddah and you crossed the Miqat without wearing your Ihram then you need an Oudhia.If you were in Jeddah for more than three days then you can do Ihram from here and go to Makkah either ways.

Double check on this since as I said am not the guy to give Fatwa, only posted this to clarify that there is a different on this matter between being a Jeddah resident or a visitor.

ahmadaq wrote:

This applies only to people living in Jeddah and not visiting.

Am not the right person to give fatwa, but from what I know, if you were visiting Jeddah for whatever reason and then you decided to go to Makkah for Umrah then yes you can do Ihram from here and go directly to Makkah, but if you had the intention (Niyah) for doing Umrah before coming to Jeddah and you crossed the Miqat without wearing your Ihram then you need an Oudhia.If you were in Jeddah for more than three days then you can do Ihram from here and go to Makkah either ways.

Double check on this since as I said am not the guy to give Fatwa, only posted this to clarify that there is a different on this matter between being a Jeddah resident or a visitor.

The above is correct, in case you are not staying for 3 days in Jeddah, you can go to Makkah and find "Ayesha" Mosque which serves a miqat inside haram boundary to do Umrah.