Help on selling a house in Bali

Dear All,
Just wanted to get some information on how to best go about selling a house in Bali. 
Any contacts or agencies that can assist. 
The house is of course under my wife's name (Balinese)  but we are moving and want to sell the house as soon as possible.
Any information or adbmvise is greatly appreciated. 
Best Regards,

Hi nimawongchusherpa,

Please have a look at the recommended profesionals here : Real estate in Bali

All the best,
Bhavna

Thank you..

1 - avoid agents unless you have no choice. They commonly inflate prices and make it much harder to sell your house.

2 - Use OLX and the other selling sites.

3 - Don't forget to pop an ad in "housing" at the top of this page.

I think it is alright to work with an agent as long as you control the price they advertise your house. If they tell you they can get another Rp500 juta or Rp1 miliar and you agree, you might see your house sitting around for 6 months or a year without any interest. Not sure if it's possible to negotiate the commission, but I'd definitely try. Also some Notaris give discounts.

I also think it is a good idea to let your security and neighbours know that you are selling. That way there is more chance to be approached directly by buyers wanting to avoid agents. Many buyers, such as myself and clearly Fred too, hate dealing with Agents. We'd much rather deal directly with the buyer or seller. So increase the chances of this by putting the word out.

We bought three properties in Indonesia and all were through asking around in the neighbourhoods that we liked. We did look at websites and visited some houses with Agents, but were pretty disgusted with the prices they were quoting.

abdulkhalil wrote:

I think it is alright to work with an agent as long as you control the price they advertise your house. If they tell you they can get another Rp500 juta or Rp1 miliar and you agree, you might see your house sitting around for 6 months or a year without any interest. Not sure if it's possible to negotiate the commission, but I'd definitely try. Also some Notaris give discounts.

I also think it is a good idea to let your security and neighbours know that you are selling. That way there is more chance to be approached directly by buyers wanting to avoid agents. Many buyers, such as myself and clearly Fred too, hate dealing with Agents. We'd much rather deal directly with the buyer or seller. So increase the chances of this by putting the word out.

We bought three properties in Indonesia and all were through asking around in the neighbourhoods that we liked. We did look at websites and visited some houses with Agents, but were pretty disgusted with the prices they were quoting.

Please comment on the property agent, that is, your right, I Please do not let your disappointment in this media

"I Please do not let your disappointment in this media"

Sorry but  your above sentence doesn't make sense. What are you trying to say Joe?

By the way. If you are here to try to pick up expat clients, I suggest you place an ad in the relevant section. But you should know that I and apparently several others have already expressed a less than favourable opinion of property agents in Indonesia through our personal experience. That does not mean to say that all agents are bad. You may very well be one of the good ones. However, you'd do better by simply placing an ad and leaving it at that, as you start to give the impression of being desperate and "hunting" for expat clients. I do not mean to speak badly, but just wanted to give some advice.

In other words, I am far more likely to contact an Agent myself on say rumah123 or get an agents number from a "Di Jual" sign or even look in the classified ads on this website than to work with an agent who appears to be trying to pick up clients in a chat Forum.

No offence buddy...

abdulkhalil wrote:

"I Please do not let your disappointment in this media"

Sorry but  your above sentence doesn't make sense. What are you trying to say Joe?

By the way. If you are here to try to pick up expat clients, I suggest you place an ad in the relevant section. But you should know that I and apparently several others have already expressed a less than favourable opinion of property agents in Indonesia through our personal experience. That does not mean to say that all agents are bad. You may very well be one of the good ones. However, you'd do better by simply placing an ad and leaving it at that, as you start to give the impression of being desperate and "hunting" for expat clients. I do not mean to speak badly, but just wanted to give some advice.

In other words, I am far more likely to contact an Agent myself on say rumah123 or get an agents number from a "Di Jual" sign or even look in the classified ads on this website than to work with an agent who appears to be trying to pick up clients in a chat Forum.

No offence buddy...

Thanks for the suggestion, Mr. Abdulkhalil we will fix it, happy to discuss with you ,,

You're very welcome.