Hi I'm from Dublin Ireland.
I'm new to the site here, just wondering
is anybody interested in knowing anything about
Ireland in return for some information about life
in Mauritius as I'm really curious about this lovely
country. Thanks.

Hi Shay,

Greetings from Mauritius!

I stayed in Dublin for 4 years and absolutely loved it, barring the weather. Mauritius is a lovely place too and lots of sun all year round. People are quite nice and it is very multi-cultured. It gets about 1 million tourists a year and there are lots of nice places to visit.

Unlike Dublin, the pace of life is really slow here. People like to take things easy and spend most of their time chilling. You won't find the corner bars in villages here, but maybe a bookie shop. Just like Ireland, people follow Manchester United & Liverpool and the usual banter goes on. There is massive french influence here and it would be hard to miss if you visit.

Most people stick to their jobs here and attrition is fairly low, hospitality is a big sector along with banking, textile and technology. The politics is just as bad, may be even worse than Ireland. Public infrastructure is not too bad and there is a good road network around the island.

Regards

Hi Shay ....Ash is a bit wrong about the culture it is predominantly indian it is an indian island after all .. mainly hindu with their customs and traditions ...holidays are the same prayer days are holidays ...its conservative laid back and amazing ..

Hi
I was in Seychelles for 7 yrs and having a good experience in HR and admin as well as in management.

Pls advice for a job in Dublin or Mauritius.

Thx

Hi Shay,

What exactly you want to now about Mauritius? Any topic in particular?

hi there#
iv been in dublin for nearly 7 years...was working for sky handling partner,dublin airport...i love ireland man,..its a  beautiful country with nice people around n irish people helped me a lot during my stay there...

its a pleasure to help you here....keep in touch

cheers A MILLION ...:)

Hi,

I'd love to be of help. What would exactly like to know about Mauritius.

I was born and grew up in Mauritius. I've lived in the UK for many years and love Ireland (Cork & Dublin). I'd love to visit Ireland.

I look forward to hearing from you.