Veterinarian

How much is a visit and cost for sterilization and vaccination? Thanks.

if you go to the shelter - PAWS, a sterilization for a dog is Rs 1,000 and vaccination is Rs 300. Cats are cheaper.

I go to Pets Concern in Phoenix for my dog. Never had her spayed but an examination, xray, medication and shots cost me about Rs 1,500  if that helps at all.Ive been happy with them and they have good reviews from other people I talked to back when I was looking for a vet.

This is fantastic and very helpful.  Thanks.

Hi,

PAWS. Depending on where you live. Firmly entrenched into animal welfare since arriving on this animal nightmare island, I can offer you more info.

I highly recommend Vetocare Clinic in Curepipe. We tried Paws but I would not recommend it. We tried a few in Floreal and Phoenix but the vets were either inexperienced or tol money minded.

Dr Vicky Ruhee at Vetocare Clinic is excellent. He is not money-minded and his services cost less than Pets Concern. They are quite responsive too if you call them but I would think prices would be more affordable than Pets Concern.

Anyone has suggestions on best pet food in Mauritius?

We go to Vetocare Clinic in Curepipe. Not much more expensive than PAWs but their treatment is best in class. They have a solid crew and some funny assistants.

I do have a question though. Do people sterilize their pets at 3 months or 6 months? I did mine at 6 but wanted your views on that.