ID Card for girlfriend just arrived

Hi Guys, I wonder if I could seek your advice. I have lived and worked in Malta for the last 7 yrs. My girlfriend now is now living with me. She is an EU national. I have a good job and there is no need for her to work as I can luckily support her. What documents would she/I need in order for her to get an ID card. I can show savings and tax paid. Would that be enough for Evans Building? Many thanks for your answers.

Welcome to the Forum Sunshine61 :)

Slightly confused, what do you mean in a form of an ID card? As you say she is an EU national surely she doesn't need an ID card, saying that does she have a driving license?

SimCityAT
Expat.com Expert Team

SimCityAT wrote:

Welcome to the Forum Sunshine61 :)

Slightly confused, what do you mean in a form of an ID card? As you say she is an EU national surely she doesn't need an ID card, saying that does she have a driving license?

SimCityAT
Expat.com Expert Team

When living in Malta for more then three months you have to apply for an e residence card having a driving license means nothing.

Sunshine61 wrote:

Hi Guys, I wonder if I could seek your advice. I have lived and worked in Malta for the last 7 yrs. My girlfriend now is now living with me. She is an EU national. I have a good job and there is no need for her to work as I can luckily support her. What documents would she/I need in order for her to get an ID card. I can show savings and tax paid. Would that be enough for Evans Building? Many thanks for your answers.

Please read all and there are a lot of posts on this subject.

Sunshine61 wrote:

Please note excerpt: ‘……..5 - Supporting documents……In the case of partners, documentary proof of the existence of durable relationship for the two years prior to the application…….' 

Source: Page 3 -: https://identitymalta.com/wp-content/up … Form-F.pdf

Thank you guys.