Learning Norwegian, Norwegian films

Hiya,

I'm learning Norwegian (my first day!)
Was just wondering if anyone had any tips, especially Norwegian films, documentaries with the speaking language' of Norwegian and English subs.
I feel that submerging myself in it alongside courses etc will massively help, especially with the different dialects and REAL pronunciation rather than a computerised voice.
But they seem to be hard to find through Google.
Maybe the most popular Norwegian TV shows etc they watch over there etc?

Hello, my fiancé helped be about this by watching movies in the Netflix. You can change the subtitles in English/Norwegian, you can also change the language of the voice. 😊

Chichi14 wrote:

Hello, my fiancé helped be about this by watching movies in the Netflix. You can change the subtitles in English/Norwegian, you can also change the language of the voice. 😊

Thank you for that! I've found a couple that way, but nothing on UK Netflix seems to have an audio option for Norwegian :(
Only thing I've found is Maniac, which so far is pretty funny.

Norwegian subs can be easily downloaded at different subtitle sites, eg. subscene.com. In most cases you'll find English subtext to most Norwegian film/series. But I don't know if this approach will work with NetFlix.
I guess you also could find English subs in most Norwegian BluRays and DVDs.

Most Norwegian films is kinda blue and dark in my opinion. It's lots of drama and crimes, not many comedies. But the film "Lange flate baller" (It's a soccer-term and meaning "long flat balls") is a gem. It's a low cost film from my hometown Fredrikstad, a former soccer-town with lot's of former wins in the national league. The story is about a few misfits that just want to see the Norwegian soccer team win the World Championship. It's quite a funny road-movie kind of film :)

My Norwegian friend recommended TV series Skam, and I quite like it. :)

If you just started I would recommend watching some kids shows.
Norwegian pronunciation is quite alien to foreigners and learning from subtitles only, as good as it is to improve the vocabulary, will mess up your pronunciation real bad.
You should also consider if you can find something in different dialects, the written language is the same but the way people speak around the country is really different.
After you have a certain degree of knowledge I would maybe recommend trying to find a local radio for the are you plan to go to, even if you do not understand most things it'll help to get used to the language.