What city in Norway to live in for English speaking.

Hi there, :D

I am from Sweden, my name is Helena. My boyfriend (English, London) and friend (Estonian, girl ) is moving to Norway to save up some money, basicly living really cheaply and work our butts off. We are thinking on staying for about 2 years.

Anyone know what the best jobs for an english speaking person is? My boyfriend have a painting and decorating teachers degree and full english driving license. Me and my friend have a lot of expirience on bar staff, waitress, shops and all that.

Also, most important one. WHICH CITY IS THE BEST TO LIVE IN FOR AN ENGLISH SPEAKING PERSON? It would preferebly be good to be down south as when we go back to Sweden to stack up with food etc.

Anyone ever gone for just saving money rather than living there for a long time?

it would be to great help.

Many thanks for now, :cheers:
Helena.

Hellu Lulls and welcome to Expat.com!

While waiting for members to get back to you with feedbacks, I suggest you browse through our Forum to gather information from different threads that will definitely serves you with your project.

Regards
Kenjee

Lulls wrote:

Hi there, :D

I am from Sweden, my name is Helena. My boyfriend (English, London) and friend (Estonian, girl ) is moving to Norway to save up some money, basicly living really cheaply and work our butts off. We are thinking on staying for about 2 years.

Anyone know what the best jobs for an english speaking person is? My boyfriend have a painting and decorating teachers degree and full english driving license. Me and my friend have a lot of expirience on bar staff, waitress, shops and all that.

Also, most important one. WHICH CITY IS THE BEST TO LIVE IN FOR AN ENGLISH SPEAKING PERSON? It would preferebly be good to be down south as when we go back to Sweden to stack up with food etc.

Anyone ever gone for just saving money rather than living there for a long time?

it would be to great help.

Many thanks for now, :cheers:
Helena.

Hey Helena
How's your search going?
I'm from the UK and now in Oslo, everyone speaks a bit of English here but best if we learn Norwegian I think...
Good luck x

Hi there :) oh wow, how are you finding it? I hope you enjoy it there. Yeah I know, but we will probably only stay for about 2 years. I know norweigan but my boyfriend and friend doesn't.. May I ask what you are working with?

All the best,
H

Lulls wrote:

Hi there :) oh wow, how are you finding it? I hope you enjoy it there. Yeah I know, but we will probably only stay for about 2 years. I know norweigan but my boyfriend and friend doesn't.. May I ask what you are working with?

All the best,
H

I have been here a few days at a time for 2 months before moving here with my cat properly last week!
Now that I am here more permanently I am struggling a bit because it's not like a holiday and my boyfriend (Norwegian) is busy working a lot, although I work with him sometimes maybe we spend too much time together now lol...  So I need to find my own things to do and meet some new people and make friends etc...

Not speaking any Norwegian really doesn't help even tho they speak a bit of English, I think they'd interact more with me if I spoke their language.

I work a little on my business in the UK with my business partner who is based in the UK, I will be working at my boyfriend's business a bit more when I have settled in.

What are you guys going to be doing? :)