Finding Long-Term Housing in Colomiers/Brax

We will be moving to the Toulouse area for a year late this summer.  To meet visa requirements we will need to have a rental agreement months ahead and sight unseen.  I'm thinking the classifieds are not the best way to do this and that we might need an agency.  If anyone has a better approach or recommendations for a agency, I'd love to hear anything you have to say.

Welcome on board iurban ;)

The Accommodation guide articles might help you; it contains some useful links & info which can assist you in finding a suitable accommodation as per your budget & needs.

Regards

please becareful of scams, asking you for money up front to view houses and of course, your banking details are always handy for them.  Use an agency to be certain, Office des locataire helps you talk directly to landlords but charges you under 200€ which is cheaper than 1 months equivalent rent in estate agency rental management fees.  The rent in Toulouse for a 3 bed of 80M2 has to be (on average) between 750€ and 900€ some with charges included but do ask what those are.  I was told water charges included only to find out they are 'partly' included.  There is a refuse collection charge (annual) that is usualy included.

Thanks for the suggestion.  We are now in Toulouse, but the Office des Locataire did not have any listings for that area.  We will try back again later.  Our biggest problem is that we do not have a French employer and many do not want to rent to us because of that.  We are currently trying to set up a guarantee with the bank to see if that will work instead.  Any suggestions are welcome.

Office des Locataires is a joke. I'm from Brax, and what i would suggest is looking on leboncoin.fr or publi.fr . Now it depends wether or not you are looking to pay agency fees or not, but you can always go to Brax/Pibrac/Colomiers and check out the agencies there, they would know about housing around. I know there are a lot of new buildings over there, so i also suggest you go look around and grab the numbers on the buildings :)
I dont know if you found one already, but i hope this helps. Good luck finding a place, France is quite tough on that field. Prepare yourself to pay either a month, or two for deposit, and make sure you check the place everywhere for anything and signal it to the owner, so you're not screwed for any damages you wouldnt have caused.
Best,
Freelancer 47