Moving to Toulouse in July & Looking to find a furnished rental?

Hi All,

I am new to the site! I am moving to Toulouse in July for 6-12 months.  I am working on a French Contract and I am trying to organise viewings for short term rentals.  Can anyone advise on good sites to visit?

I have sent numerous emails off to agencies but have not received any replies as yet.  I put this down to my poor grasp of the french language or that the French don't work this way! :)

I would be very grateful for any advice!!!

Hi Ruth - the French very often don't reply to emails.

Renting here is much more regulated - and people tend to rent unfurnished accomodation for longer periods, rather than furnished for shorter periods.

All estate agents have their websites - but be prepared to pay all your year's rental in advance, if you haven't got any payslips to prove you can pay monthly.

Where are you going to be working? Perhaps the company could ask the staff if there is someone willing to give you a room for a week or so when you arrive.

Toulouse has 100,000 + students so accomodation isn't cheap, or very easy to come by.

Hey, thanks for the speedy response ! I am moving to a French Payroll this month so that I have 3 months of payslips!

I had noticed that a lot of properties were unfurnished!

I have exams in June but I was hoping to come out for a week in June to try and book appointments to see some properties!

Is this the best way to do it or is there something else I can do? :)

Hi Ruth,
I have been thru this situation. I would suggest you:
1) Look for houses in website leboncoin.fr/
2) I can provide you contact number of a lady who helped me in getting rental house in toulouse. Please send a mail to me @ [email protected] in case you need that lady's help.

Hope above information will help you

- Rohit

Hi Ruthalex01,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I invite you to post an advert in the housing in Toulouse section as well.

I am renting a flat and is avalaible from mid june ! are you interested in ?

Hi,

Can you send me some details? I am still looking for a property!

Thanks
Ruth

I have sent you a private message

Hi Ruth,
We have an appartment for rent in Toulouse, near métro (subway) station LA VACHE, 4th floor, nice surroundings (near Canal de Midi). Are you still looking for a rental? Awaiting your reply,
rgds,

Yes I am, can you send me details?

Hi bebamaria31,

I suggest you to post an advert in the Housing in Toulouse, this might help.

Thank you,

David.

Hi Ruth,
Have you find something yet ?
I don't live too far away from Toulouse and I know a good few people over there that could help you if needed.
Kevin.

PS: I have spent 2 years in college in Paisley !

Hi Kevin, I am sitting exams this week and then going to organise to come over to Toulouse in the next few weeks to find a property! So I am up against it for time! I'm trying to move over by the middle of July :)
You studied in Paisley!!!! :) was it at the West of Scotland University?

Hi Ruth,

Sent you a message thru your inbox, did you get it?

thanks

Hello all,
I decided to move from Pau to Tolouse.
Is there anyone who is looking for a flatmate?
Currently I am Laos and I will be back in France in few weeks.
Thanks.

Achille

Hello akille80.

I would kindly suggest you to post an advert in the Flat share in Toulouse section. Who knows it may be helpful.

Thanks

Karen :)