I want to Move to Cairo and Work

Hello every one,

My name is Ibtisam and I am new to tehh forum.x

I have been moving since 1999 and now based in UK for over 10 years, but I am planning to move to cairo and look for work ans settle there for a while, any advice..

Can anyone tell me more about how to start and what I should do to get interviews for jobs maybe?

Any coment welcome please, as I need to do the right steps so I dont just land there with nothing to help me by.

Thank You

Welcome on Expat.com Ibtisam ;)

While waiting for other members to bring their input, I will suggest you to browse some of the active discussions in  the Egypt forum & Cairo forum; I am sure you will find some tips which will surely guide you.

Concerning jobs opportunities; may be you shall add some details for example: job field/qualification/experiences.

Regards

Cairo, and Egypt in general, is not currently a good place to be looking for work. The economy is very unstable, the political situation remains to be resolved.

If moving to Egypt really is in your dreams, wait until things settle down. I have so many people that have lost their jobs with companies pulling out and leaving due to the revolution. Sorry to say it!

hey ibtesam,

i think due to your good english and if you are speaking arabic it's a plus....
you can easily find a good job in egypt....

but i think due to the current situation it is not recommended to arrive Egypt now.

There is work here, but you pretty much have to make it for yourself. Its not like coming to the States where you can browse job ads and apply for stuff. My suggestion is to come here with enough savings for 3-6 months and try everything you can. The best way is to get out and meet people.

Things are unstable here, but with instability also comes opportunity. Many ex-pats left, so there are jobs available that weren't available before. Many international companies have had workers leave too but are still heavily invested in Egypt and need staff.

Moving here is a risk but so is moving just about anywhere. Hope this helps.