New Expats Gathering !!

linhmartin wrote:

Thagv, don't know what you mean about "two tier pricing" (our price is clearly shown as 10.5 bn negotiable) - please explain?

I am not talking about your house.  From the site you provide the link to:  "Do not forget to bring some money for the hash fees (VND300,000 for expats and only VND150,000 if you are Vietnamese)"

Adults vs. children is fine.  Local vs expat is based on the assumption that expats can and should pay more.

Not on principle, anyway...

Oops, that "principle" comment was for Yogi, not you Thigv. 

Thigv, the link I provided was to our 'house for sale' ad on this website - where there is only one price.  The other "half link", ie without "http://" was to the home page of Saigon Hash so anyone interested in "expats gathering" could check it out.  If you don't like their pricing structure, I'd suggest you take it up with them - but I'm sure you'll find that, unlike the big corporations who charge foreigners more than Vietnamese, the Hash are charging foreigners a "real" price to cover costs and giving discounts to Vietnamese in order to try and attract them into the fold to make the whole scene more enjoyable.

Hey kingzchock (and anyone else interested in his idea of an expats gathering), I just found a thread on this website called "Expats and friends gathering for february 19th 2017".  In it, a Richard Loo says they've been organising monthly gatherings for 'years' and only recently stopped, but have now restarted (from February, I presume).
Maybe something there for you?

Moderated by Julien 6 years ago
Reason : please post in English
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
Moderated by Julien 6 years ago
Reason : please post in English
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi,
English is the only language normally allowed on this section of the forum, even in jokes.
Politics are rarely allowed because that can of worms causes bun fights.

Sorry to be a pain but Mr Trump, love him or hate him, does tend to cause emotions to rise in spectacular fashion.

Hmmm, so that rules out the Latin/Arabic "educational" exchange between eodmatt and myself, which is fair enough if those are the rules (sorry Fred, I had no idea).  Completely agree with you re Trump (and more!), but not sure why you mention such an obnoxious character in the context of this thread, as we (or at least I) certainly didn't?

linhmartin wrote:

Hmmm, so that rules out the Latin/Arabic "educational" exchange between eodmatt and myself, which is fair enough if those are the rules (sorry Fred, I had no idea).  Completely agree with you re Trump (and more!), but not sure why you mention such an obnoxious character in the context of this thread, as we (or at least I) certainly didn't?

Mr Trump (Obnoxious or otherwise) came into it when a post mentioned a Roman gentleman might well be alive, well and living in a large white building in Washington.
My opinion of Mr Trump must not interfere with my choices regarding posts for or against him or I would have to resign my demi-job here as I would no longer be impartial and that would be useless to the forum.

Fair enough, I never saw that one so you must have got to it v.quickly.  Coincidentally, I'm in the middle of my second reading of 1984 (featuring the Thought Police) at the moment!

Do not speak the word that no one hears
In case of political correctness fears

Display not  the image that no one sees
For big brothers eye it does not please

For we who write must perforce obey
The tyrannical censors of this modern day.

Just kidding.

I enjoyed Animal farm but dislike rats, women and politicians.
Two are the same, the other turning nasty when scorned so I might well go gay and live as a hermit on some hill somewhere, eating only juniper berries and sleeping in a hole where there are no telescreens.
I won't speak unless someone stamps on my foot.
Thought police - No, just no two minutes of mandatory hate against anyone.

Peace and love, dudes.

Rats, women and politicians ..... The title of a good book I reckon.

As long as 2 out 3 don't count.................

Rats don't count.

Politicians and women though ....

eodmatt wrote:

But perhaps a little tautologous.

The only counting that politicians ever do is votes..................

Fred wrote:
eodmatt wrote:

But perhaps a little tautologous.

It's all Greek to me, Fred.

Oops, there we go again with the foreign languages!

thank you so much for the info. at the moment just waiting for anyone of you that willing to be the organizer !!

We are new and would like to meet some peeps.
We are in the old quarter.
Anyone about this weekend for a coffee?

Hi paul creane,
Welcome to the forum!

From the words "the old quarter", I assume you are in Hanoi. Pls correct me if I'm wrong. :)

You may wish to take a look at some events coming up in Hanoi in the next couple of weeks.

You may also like to start a new thread on the Hanoi forum to connect with other expats in Hanoi.

Welcome to Vietnam!
:cheers:

Thank you.