MWeqa guardian rental

Has any of you ever used this Mweqa guardian rentals company? website is mweqarentals.com
they ask for deposit of money upfront to receive the keys of the apartment for inspection... should I trust this?  has anyone used this before?
Any kind of information is useful.

Kind regards,

Felipe

Hey Felipe!
what happen with your question??
I am in the same problem, and I just can find a optimistic replays:

http://ashee-forums.nethttp://british-abroad-expats.comhttp://companiehouses.orghttp://justananswerdiscussions.comhttp://websealverisign.com

What did you do at the final??
Your experience could help me!!

Thank you!

Hey,

Well for me the whole thing was very suspiscious, not enough information available, and very few positive replies (less than 14 hits on google, and even less relevant)...
I dont know the whole thing was looking very suspicious, and i decide to back off!
Are you looking for an apartment in Lund? It might be that we were hooked on the same apartment! I dont know i decided to back it up, i recommend you to triple check everything, if possible try to call the agency, or one of their representatives in Sweden, or some service in sweden that recognizes they are legit! I checked the person that was trying to rent to me on google and there were some divergences on what he told me and what i found there so i backed it up! Please be careful! Post here what you decided to do, but do some extensive research before depositing money!

Hi
No i m looking just few days stay in Malaga or skutt spain
Thanks

Hej
Some of them do that but it you can pay it when you get the key not while you book.

Oi!
I was looking for acomodation in another city in Sweden, but I also found everything suspicious, and the page of the company also seems like a lie, because they were asked me to make a deposit in a personal account and not in one of the company. (Was a bank account in Austria...was the same for you?), beside the web page say that they are recomended by Trip Advisor, but Trip advisor has no record of this company.

Well it looks like we've saved ourselves from another internet scamer, good luck and take care of you and your money!! hahaha

toda beleza
E muito obrigado

Hi,
We are in the same situation with MWeqa guardian rental, but we didnt pay the money for 24 hours, in Sunday!!! Without documents without telephone number without enough information and also communication was from 2 different emails very similar each other and then one email from the agency direct with steps 1to5...(1 step was pay the money for 3 months). Actually the apartment was very very nice on the pictures, apartment in Göteborg.... Everybody be carefull !!!!

Indeed, the apartments are always nice with very good rental prices, thats how they attract a lot of people attention.

I didn't even reach the point on receiving their bank account for deposit, I stopped the process before that, if you go through the MWeqa... website you will notice they redirect you to some other website afterwards and yuet they claim they are the owners of the apartments, everything was feeling OFF!
Bottomline is, if you face this kind of situation, pay very close attention to all details, the person trying to rent the apartment used several different email to contact me, then the story they told me to use the "company" was that he was German, but when i google his name the person was actually from Denmark. So this details can really tell something is wrong. One thing that is worth notice, I do believe this real person (or the person they were using the name) actually lives in this place as I checked some websites from Sweden and it claims he actually lives there, and that almost made me believe the whole thing... So triple check every information, every detail... I tried to contact the person through social media but got no replies... anyways bottomline is never trust if they ask for deposit upfront (in my case was 3 month rent, I would have lost 2000 euros!!!)
everyone take care and is good that we are posting this so more people can reach this when googling this company name.

Ratimir
I think that I saw the same apartment, I went to see it and somebody is living there now, but they did not open the door, maybe are the same scammers, ***@gmx.com and ***@gmx.com) but we will never know!
Good luck, and I hope that you find some place soon!
bye

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please don't post contact details on the forum. Better you exchange them through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

in my case the email was also from gmx.com (***@gmx.com)

If Mario went there and there was someone there we can almost conclude that this is a scam, be aware.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Yes that's the same emails. We must to be very careful and from now  first the key then the money!!!!

Hello everyone,

Now I have OFFICIAL confirmation that it was a scam... I cannot say for sure that MWeqa is a scam company, it CAN be they are a legitimate company, that some scammers make use of their services (I cannot say for sure). But I have an official reply from the person that was supposed to be the owner of the apartment, and that was, THEORETICALLY, in contact with me, claiming that he was not renting the apartment and never exchanged any e-mails with me!
Again: EVERYONE, BE EXTRA CAREFUL WHENEVER ATTRACTIVE APARTMENTS ARE OFFERED ESPECIALLY VIA THIS MWeqa rental agency, NEVER PAY ANY AMOUNT BEFORE HAND OR BEFORE SEEING THE APARTMENT. in less than a week we can see that they were applying scams in different cities and with many people (i can imagine how many more that doesn't come here).
BE AWARE!!!