ILNeed Guidance Cost of Apartment Rental in Malmo/Lund Area

Retiring 68 year old Chicago, Il resident, speak only English moving to Malmo/Lund area in @ 4-6 months and want to rent Apt. for 1 to 2 years.

Need no more than one/two rooms with room for double bed Loo/Shower.  I need to economize.  Reasonable availabllity to trains to CPH.  Not sure about train availability and time of travel from Lund and frequency of trains from both Lund and Malmo to CPH

Inquiring areas I should consider living in, approximate cost including taxes etc.  Will want t.v., computer. 

Was attorney in Chicago for 43 years and before that an English Literature professor teaching at major U.S. University.  Presume too old and English only a problem for teaching.  If anyone knows about teaching possibilities (private or public) for someone my age with obvious multi-degrees and high skill levels would appreciate hearing frm you.

Thank you,

giftmagi - real 1st name = Ben

Hi, It's probably best if you can find someone in Sweden to help you look.

I did a search on andrahand.se "andra hand" (second hand renting, because you dont want to buy a flat), 1 room flat, centralt (central), in Malmö and I found this:

andrahand.se/Apartment/retrieve/?page=&sort=&order=&type=2&county=11&city=&position=1&size=&furnish=&price=&query=malm%C3%B6&x=18&y=10

1:a = 1 room flat (about 4000 - 5000 Sek)
2:a = 2 rooms flat (about 5000 - 8000 Sek)

Or you can search on blocket.se :

blocket.se/malmo?q=&cg=3020&w=0&st=u&mre=&ros=1&roe=5&ss=&se=&ca=23_11&md=th

You can also look for apartments in Helsingborg and take the boat (20min) + train (50min from Helsingör) to Copenhagen.

Good luck!
Helena

Dear Helena,

Thank you for your kind reply.  I am presently on Copenhagen and will be visiting the U.S. Embassy for Sweden tomorrow and in Malmo next week. So that will beter assist my orientation.

Ben Goodin

Ben - Hi, I am an American moving to Malmo this fall and having a really hard time trying to find housing. I am looking to rent an apartment for about 2 years. How did your search go? How did you find a place in Malmo? How are you enjoying it so far? Any advise at all would be really helpful...

Sir,

I see that you made your post long time ago, however I would like to ask you to contact me if you are still looking for an apartment in Lund.

I have 40m2 apartment in the center of Lund available (available only for long time stay: min 1 year).

Please let me know if you are interested.

Regards
Izabela

Hello Izabelas,

My wife and I will be coming to Lund to live for 2 years and will need a place. Please feel free to let me know some details about your apartment for rent, including pictures if possible.

Thanks,
Ron Hagner

Welcome to new members in this discussion :)
Kindly take note that if you're looking for an accommodation, we have a Sweden Classifieds -> Accommodation section and thank you for posting your ads there be it to search for an accommodation or to offer an accommodation.
Thanks for your comprehension.
Arlette