Property prices in Sweden

Hello everyone,

Finding affordable housing in Sweden is number one priority for newcomers. Tell us more about the estate market in your district/city/region.

What are the most desired places to live? What are the most affordable ones? What is the average cost of a rented flat? And what is the average sale price for an appartment or a house? Could you tell us more about local real estate policies/procedures? What about property tax or residency tax in Sweden?

What about you? Where do you live now? Is it a place you would recommend?

Thank you in advance for your clarifications.

Priscilla

West Coast around Uddevalla: Houses not newding a great deal of updating are far and few between, mostly found in late Spring to mid July. They seem to average around 3.5-4 million SEK. If you have time, energy and money, you can find houses around 180 sq meters for around 2.5-3.5 million SEK. If you are buying an apart or condo it depends on part of town and number of rooms- anywhere between 500,00 SEK and up.

We sold a 71 sq meter condo near the center of the city for around 1.3 million SEK, and purchased a fixer upper for 2.4 million SEK less than 2 miles away. We found it word of mouth, and wrote a personal letter to the owners. They took our bid over higher ones because we made that extra effort.

It's tough to find housing in Sweden. Basically a waiting game. We waited 7 months to buy.

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please post only in English on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello I comeb in This moment forward you concerning for past advice that I gave to wanted know about cost prices of houses. And also wanted to saying that I'm living in portugal at this moment. Well, I  would want to travel to Sweden to live and work. Thank so much.

Hi
Property in Sweden is cheaper to mortgsge but it costs higher to rent. You need to pay atlesst 10 percent of the total price and rest can be provided by a bank on easy monthly  installments.
Thank you and best regards
Sajid

Hi, I understood that you said, but I had been in Stockholm for holliday in year 2013 in reality it cost but is calm to live on People are very respectful that is the points and I my self feeling good no problems. Thank you so much.