Study in Mauritius

Hi

Are the Universities and Colleges of good Standard in Mauritius? When is the new year starting and which institution would you recommend to study online digital courses?

Thanks R

Hi Rinie,
Higher Education is of good standard in Mauritius. I would recommend for you to check Charles Telfair Institute. I am from Bulgaria / Malta and I am now doing my MBA here so if you need any information, send me a private message.
Cheers, Danny

You've got so many universities represented and present on the island.
Which studies are you going for? Based on this, you can get more precise answers from the members (in my opinion)

I am specifically looking at UX/UI Design courses but on a BA (HONS) level.

Hi Rinie
I am also in Bain Boeuf :)

I moved here almost a year ago and had just finished my 2nd year of my BA (hons) Business management degree ( full time on campus) I explored the possibility of continuing my studies on campus in Mauritius however my personal experience is that I was being scammed - they said my HND grade ( end of second year and I got a Distinction) was not as good as theirs and I would need to do bridging modules (extra cost of $4000 and 8 weeks extra) when I contacted Leeds Beckett University to ascertain if this was correct  ( they franchised the course to this particular business school) I was informed that it was not and that in no way was I required to pay or do extra - when I approached the business school they said it doesn't matter what they say you have to pay the extra!!!!! so I obviously did not go that route - also the head lecturer I interviewed with spoke really bad English.

I now study online through a UK university and despite having to amend my learning style somewhat I am much happier. I would not recommend studying on campus here in Mauritius.

Happy to talk with you about it if you'd like :)

Regards
Esther

Thank you for the feedback Ester. I have contacted a few institutions and will wait for their reply and see the costs. Ons I have all the information on hand I will look at the different possibilities. I will keep in mind what you have mentioned and will be aware of this