Hampton School

Hi All!

Anyone can suggest me the rules(Standard) of Private schools in Mauritius. I had a very bad experienced at Hampton school.

I put my daughter in Hampton school in the last term in Upper reception class. They charged me the Registration fee of 30,000/-(MUR) and the monthly fee is 4500/- PM. I agree to pay keeping in mind this is the standard fees.

Every year they increase the fees i.e in class-I, 4600/- and class-II, 4700/- apart the fee they charged the stationary separate. On the time of admission they said in the monthly fees all is included. But later on they charged for extra-curricular activity, Library, Picnic tour etc. for extra. In the fees even they not provide the students the toilet soap and the tissue, parents send all this, for each small thing we pay or send.

I surprised to see the system of Hampton school even no drinking water is available there!

Above all I felt cheated when I know they charged with me the more fees comparison to other parents. The difference is as follows :-

Class                                            Fee (with me)                                           Fees (with other parents)
Upper reception                            4500/-                                                       3500/-
Class- I                                          4600/-                                                       4000/-
Class-II                                           4700/-                                                       4300/-

When I complaint this for the school administration their reply is like that--"because you are agreed to pay".
(I am unable to understand why I agreed to pay more fees, before they hide all this.)

If anyone know what is the Guidelines of Private or paid schools in Mauritius?

Hi  I cannot help on the specifics of Hampton School but I would have thought the school would have a parents association who you could raise your concerns with and they could help resolve your questions.

Hi,

I meet with the management of the school but they not response me properly.

AM really not wanting to bad mouth, but I too had a horrid experience here.
The school was very helpful while I was there.

I agree with you, but this is the fee structure for parents who sound desperate and WELL OFF, financially...

They gave me a tough time when I left the school. Till today I wasn't given the Proper school Leaving Certificate because they asked me to PAY a HUGE sum of money, to get it. I was in touch with the Princial, management as well as the trustee.... sad :(

I thought well of the school in many terms.
Then again it depends on you!!

I must say the other private schools are far more expensive than this.

Hi,

Me too not get the school leaving certificate, even then deny to give me the her class-2 belongings. I finished to pay all the dues for class-2.

My daughter finished her class-2 from Hampton and I remove her and in the same class 6-7 children left the school because bad management.

There is a school less expensive then Hampton.

��

@moovati_nseethiah  which school less expensive please??

Hello there,

My nephew goes to Green Coast School and he loves it. I need to my sister more info on the payment if that helps but i do know the price increases every year for them too.

Thanks

Hello everyone,

This is an old outdated thread from 2014. It is best to start a new topic.

@Klyvina Runghen, can you please start a new topic on the Mauritius forum so that members can guide you on a new thread ?

@Jayshaquile, thank you for the feedback, but the thread is so old. I hope you'll post your feedback again if the member opens a new topic. It will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed