How to bring your car to Tunisia

Hello everybody,

If you exported your car to Tunisia, were there any formalities that needed to be completed beforehand? What were they?

What is the best way to export your car? Is there a limit on the number of vehicles, or perhaps the age of the vehicle? Are there limits on emissions or emission controls in Tunisia?

What are the expected costs of exporting a car? In your opinion, is it worth it?

Once you arrived in Tunisia, what were the applicable taxes? What was the customs process like?

How do you go about registering an imported car in Tunisia?

Is it best to buy a car once you have arrived or to bring your car with you, in your opinion?

We look forward to hearing from you!

Bhavna

Definitely not worth it.The beaurocracy was horrendous.

I don't know much
But
I know this
It's much more expensive to buy a car in Tunisia
If ur planning to live in Tunisia ?
For how long will define the worthiness!!!
Good luck

Olivier

True but it was really difficult,also when we came we were told can sell the car with no tax duty to pay after 5 years.now that had changed to 10 years.Our car is immaculate and low mileage but want to buy 4 wheel drive as we live in Kerkennah.Now have to wait for another 3 years or pay loads of tax

Hello everyone honestly don't even think about to bring a car in Tunisia. Doesn't matter that you are Tunisian or foreigner. For short term if you want to  come with your car you have to calculate shipping cost plus insurance. My wife has FCR Tunisian law says she can bring  a car less than five years old and would pay 25 % tax to register in Tunisia. That car's price in Tunisian market is 80 thousands but they were demanding to pay 35 thousands instead of 20. So this is very complicated. I heard many those stock with this kind of problems. Being a foreigner in Tunis you can bring your car but after 2 years you have to bring it back then re enter if you have Tunisian residence. Foreign investors have right bring their car. I'm disappointed because of these complications may investors moved to Morocco.

Its worth it if you have the privilege of bringing an RS car.
You either have an offshore company or a job in a company, to get this.
I am not sure 100% which kind of companies and jobs are good for this, if you are an employee. Bureaucracy is not too bad for this, but if the papers of the car are from a country with a less common language better get them translated and legalized in the home county.

Without RS its not worth it.

If you buy a car in tunisia, I think if you can afford it buy a new car, cars dont loose that much value over time here as in germany as example.
You can almost sell them for the buying price.
Used cars are generally very expansive and in no good condition.

My Husband sent bought a korean car and sent it to Tunis but he is having hard time to register the car. It's been almost 2 months.

We found it really difficult.Numerous visits to customs,car impounded when we went on holiday, temporary insurance and tax.Altogether cost us about £3000 plus 6months of our time.Would rather pay the extra money to buy car here next time

Every think in Tunisia is about Money Money Money

am tunisian and let me tell u it does not worth it if u bring a car without FCR it will cost you around 75% Tax (not sure) and with FCR its 25% tax and cars here are pretty damm expancive

hello
i want to bring a car from korea
i found a web site selling old car
do you think i can trust them and pay the car and after until tjhey shippes it to tunjisia
thanks