Teacher moving with husband to Amman

Planning to teach 1-2 grade in a small school. It'd be helpful to have a small used car to get around as my school is a little off the main grid for transportation. My husband likes to play disc golf. Are there any places to play? Anyone else ever set up temporary courses? Any expat softball leagues? I love hiking and will want to go to Petra and the Dead Sea. Don't know what else there is to visit.

Welcome on board  :cheers:

I can't help you about teaching and setting up courses but I can give you some information about transportation and outdoor activities.

There are several threads about buying a second hand car so I suggest you browse through these. In the handy tools section, sub classified,  you can find offers of cars.
You can try that too. If you can't find what you're looking for, you can always come back and ask.

Outdoor activities:

I am not sure about softball and disc golf but you can definitely hiking here. Not only Petra and Wadi Rum but there are many wadis to explore. One of the most beautiful and famous is the Wadi Mujib where you hike trough water and behind a small waterfall.
Depending on your interests Jordan has a lot to offer in many different ways.

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : no free ads on the forum + post your offer in the jobs section of the website.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct