Room rental

Would I have problems to rent a 2 bedroom house in Bali,for me to live in,  and have friends from overseas use the other bedroom from time  to time, by word of mouth only,; not airbnb?

Should be no serious issues renting the room or your friends staying in it, but make sure you let the local cops know you live there and report guests as they turn up.
That keeps everyone happy so you'll get no problems.

Thanks Fred. People do let the cops know do they?  And,of course, i wouldnt be charging anybody for the room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Maby if they insisted and stuffed some money in pocket, that wouldnt be knocked back, wouldnt want to offend them.

Bribes are getting to be a bad idea in Indonesia, a sort of new order as far as corruption goes.
Making sure you keep the local cops up with things is always a good idea as it keeps them happy and a happy cop isn't going to hassle you.
You should make a police report about yourself (STM) when you first move in, and let them know as house guests arrive.
Minor hassle making the report but no one sniffing around you.
The next depends on your visa type, but KITAS holders also need to make a report to the local officials and that (eventually) gets you an SKTT ID card.

Hi, sorry I wasnt too clear, not bribing the cops, if a friend wanted to pay me a few bucks for staying in my house, up to them. As for my visa, it would be the sosial  budaya. Cheers.

Neglect to mention any payments and make the STM for yourself, then report any guests to the local cops.
No worries if you do that.

Thanks mate, will be popping in for a visit in about two weeks on my return from Oz. Living in Thailand , been here for about 14 years. Spent a year in Yogyakata before that. Buy you a beer , or two, when i get there. Cheers.

Hello Fred,
I'm Fred to but everybody calls me Faris.
Just wanted to ask something real quick without opening a new thread>

Is it normal for Police to ask for a monthly payment for the STM?
They asked about 200.000 last time I tried to lapor.
That seemed very odd to me, so I didn't pursue that again.

What would be your advise in that situation?

Thanks a lot for any advice,
and have a nice day!

Faris Fals wrote:

Is it normal for Police to ask for a monthly payment for the STM?
They asked about 200.000 last time I tried to lapor.
That seemed very odd to me, so I didn't pursue that again.

It's free  ... but not always as you seem to have found out.
My first one cost me Rp100k for each of the two policemen involved but that was 10 years ago and the last time I paid anything.
As for a monthly payment, you should only have to report once up to the expiry date of whatever visa you have or until you change address.

The KPK  is cracking down on naughtiness in the police at the moment so the issue should disappear.
However, reality is often different to what should happen so play it by ear.

Thank you so much for your swift reply!
That really helped to resolve my unclear situation,
200.000 a visa, doable definitely,
but monthly unneccessary.

thanks for sharing your info on kpk juga :):top: