Fun at the pharmacy

Is it me, or do these clinics and pharmacy's oversubscribe?  If you go in with an ailment, or the dreaded man flu, you're more than likely to come out with a carrier bag size of cures.  They seem to double up, sometimes treble up with drugs for the same symptoms.  Go in with a cough and cold, you have a good chance of coming out with six or seven different pills.
I can remember being given a whole array of different pills for a cough that hung around.  When I questioned a certain pack of pills, I was told they were for a high temperature.  "Have I got a high temperature?'  I asked.
It's in case I got a high temperature, came the reply  :/

I think I saw one post before where a hospital over prescribed because they wanted to make money off of the Farang. If you just talk with a pharmacist they may simply give you one thing to help you. That has been my experience.
I have also dealt with other drugs in Thailand and it's either confusing or humorous. Militonin is a sleeping aid and over the counter in the US. In Thailand it is a prescription drug. In the states ampicillin is prescription and in Thailand it is over the counter. I have shown pharmacists my prescription bottles. Some give me a refill off of the label others want a Thai doctor's signature. I also understand that they have medical marijuana. I don't understand the system here, if there is a system. I know that in the 60's the Thai attitude was very lax when it came to medication. Now with a DEA presence in Thailand opiods are a concern in Thailand.

Don't tell people about the medical cannabis; there are enough hippies as it is. ;)

What I noticed too is that the names of meds are changed. I was looking for Advil or ibuprofen. I think they called it Gofen or something. That wasn't in the phrasebook.

what is the name of the medical cannabis in thailand i am 67 and i suffer from arthritus in my knees i normally take para if its a bad pain i would like to give it a try this is the worst time of the year for me when we have the rains i can tell when its going to rain im a human weather vain

Not sure it is legal.  Try a pharmacy and see what they say.

Hello, my brother-in-law has liver cancer, he is home now, because he doesn't want to die in a hospital, but he is having a lot of pain, does anyone know if you can get medical marijuana in a inhaler, like they have in the US. You just inhale it when needed. He can get a doctors prescription with out any problems. Thank You in advance for everyone's help.

Check with a doctor. You could ask at one of the clinics or go to a hospital and ask.

We have a doctor in the family, but he knows of nothing like this available in Thailand. What hospital should I contact?  Perhaps I would have better luck with the Expat hospital. Thanks for your advice.