New member here, thank you for having me
I was just offered a job in Den Bosch that would start in June, and I'm thinking of taking it.
But I have no idea where to live if I move to the Netherlands so....I've done my "static research", now I was hoping to hear your honest opinions, real people opinions, about it
About me: 35yrs, male, single, no kids and no debt, like to drink dance eat out socialize and generally meet new people/have fun. Need to get back to the gym. I work a lot but when I don't work, I like to enjoy life. Salary will be 3,000 euro net/month. As a "reference point" if you are familiar with Belgium cities/lifestyles/culture/approach, I preferred Antwerp over Brussels. I prefer gothic & characteristic architecture to modern architecture.
I'm ruling out cities with less than 100,000 people, all the others ones are possibly interesting for me
So...which city in the Netherlands do you think I should live? I'll have a company car so communting costs are not a problem (but commuting time may be, I don't want to spend 4 hours each day in the car just to go to-from work).
I'm hoping to hear from you, if you care to help me out, please tell me your honest, brutal opinion about which city you see as the best fit for me. Please comment with:
(1) City name
(2) rent cost for a decent studio and/or 1br apartment near/in city center (but where I can park my car)
(3) social life/ fun quality/quantity
(4) commuting time by car to den bosch
(5) culture and people
(6) gothic/characteristic or moder look/feel/architecture?
(7) can a foreigner that doesn't speak dutch not feel entirely alone and have some fun on his free time?
(8) giving a score of 1 to 10, how well do you think i can live with 3,000 euro net/month in this city?
Many, many thanks!