Seeking advice from South Africans in Nigeria

Hi, I am a 33 year old female, currently living in Durban. I've received a job offer & we're considering moving to Lagos. Can any other SA working moms/families offer me their opinion. My husband & I are both in construction industry, is he likely to find a job easily once we're there? And what about safety - surely it can't be worse than SA?

Hi Tammy. Lagos is as safe as any big City and the same rules and common sense apply when it comes to safety and security especially as a foreigner.
There are a lot of construction companies in Lagos and they all seem to be thriving at the moment. My advice is for him to find out about them, check out their openings and apply before coming or better still you can both make a trip down to visit and see if it is for you. Keep us updated on your decisions and I'm sure anyone on here will be glad to give their 2cents. Goodluck.

Also check out SAWC on facebook, it's a group for South African women in Lagos. They will be sure to give you a few pointers.

Unjani, you must also be careful of izigebengu, they are not invasive. Lagos i would say is safer than durbs.

Hi,
Hope this advice is useful. It depends on your husband years of relevant experience and his qualification. If you have good contacts here in Lagos Nigeria, then the chances are higher. Security is quite loose but nothing compared to SA. Take care.
Peace.

Anna.