Hello everyone! Am new here.

I'm so glad I found this website! For almost a year I have been trying to find a way to Lagos but haven't had the money to do it.  Now I'm about ready to sell all my shit and just go for it.  I am so ready to be out of here!

Please, anyone who wants to communicate with me, don't hesitate.  I want to come but have lots of questions.  Talking with some of you who already live there will certainly help.

Don't be shy!

Crystal

Hi Crystal,

Welcome on Expat.com! I wish you'll receive a lot of useful responses from ppl located in Nigeria!

Arlette

One question - Why Nigeria among the whole universe of countries you could pick from?

mikexom wrote:

One question - Why Nigeria among the whole universe of countries you could pick from?

I didn't pick Nigeria. It's more like it picked me.  I've got someone there I've been communicating with for almost a year. We want to be together, but neither of us has the money to make it happen.

We were originally planning on bringing him here but are now working on something a little different. It's a long story with a lot of twists and turns. Too long to tell here. Maybe you can read the book when it comes out!

Just suffice it to say I have several good reasons for wanting to come there first. We may end up back here in the states at some point, but that depends on how things go once I get there.

I'm a fledgling actress and have my sites set on getting into the movie industry there. I've been in touch with several producers and a possible manager, all of whom I've researched and know are the real deal.  So we'll see.

At any rate, one way or the other, I'm coming to Lagos!

Crystal King

Thank you Crystal, its interesting to know that you like this great country Nigeria. I am sure you will enjoy your stay. For any futher enquiry and possible assistance, write [email protected] or call mobile +2348025157597
Ciao

I also want anyone reading to know this is not a decision I have come to lightly. I've fought it long and hard for quite awhile now. It has finally come to the point where I felt I had to decide one way or the other - either do it or forget it.  I can't forget it. This may sound crazy to you but I feel compelled to do it, almost as if it's my destiny. I have tried to deny the feeling but cannot get past it. I honestly feel like this is something I'm supposed to do. It's part of the Universe's plan for me.

I just got a popup that I have a new response here. I'm gonna go check it out!

Thank you, Esumeken! One of the things I want to do before coming there is make contact with people like you!

I realize the enormity of my decision and will feel much better knowing I have some other folks there I can turn to for assistance, should I need it. I'm adding you to my email contacts and putting your number in my phone!

Thank you so much,

Crystal King

Hello, Read your reply. Its really interesting that you ae an artist too. You will really enjoin your stay here. but like I said, make sure you get me contacted because I do not know exactly who you are talking with. You also need a little caution here in Nigeriaa so that you dont get into the wrong hands, ok? Stay bless and I will be expecting your email or call. I will be there for you
Ciao
Ken

Thanks again, Ken. I am being cautious, I think.  Like I said, I've been contemplating this for quite some time. Part of me thinks it's absolutely insane and tells me I'm crazy for even considering it. The other part tells me I need to go.

I'm concerned about all of it, Ken. I've thought of every excuse in the book for why I shouldn't come, believe me. And yes, the thought of actually taking the plunge and making the trip scares the hell out of me. So many bad things could happen.  As you said, I do not want to fall into the wrong hands. Not at all!

On the other side of the coin, this could be what my whole life has been leading up to. I've been looking for a man in my life for about two years now. I believe I've finally found him. Should I not act upon that because he's in another country? Because he's in Nigeria?

I mentioned this briefly to my sister a few weeks ago. She looked at me with what I call a mix of pity and terror and said, "Crystal, you can't go there." The look on her face and the sound of her voice said it all. How could I even consider such a thing?

But what if this man I have fallen in love with was from somewhere else? In another state in the US, perhaps? Would I take the chance and go to him? Absolutely. I realize Nigeria isn't just another state, but will I let that keep us apart when this could be what I've been looking for?

My mind is going crazy with the possibilities, as you can well imagine, and I'm not going into this without some backup! That's why I'm so glad for you're willingness to help. Then again, how do I know I can trust you?

You see, that's just the thing. At some point I have to trust or just give it up. It's been long enough now that I believe I CAN trust, and I'm stepping out on it. Still, I'm going to cover my ass as much as possible! Maybe I can even find some other people willing to meet me at the airport.;)

At any rate, I do appreciate you and any and all tips or info you provide will be greatly appreciated. You'll hear from me again soon!

Crystal