Language learning

What's the easiest way or trick to learn the language?
I am in a German speaking Kanton.

Take a class. Migros often has courses, depending on where you are. I took some from the university and they were terrible so don't take them there. LOL You can do Duolingo but for grammar, you really need a course. Duolingo does help with vocabulary though.

Don't. Make the Swiss learn English.
If you really wanna do it, move into a shared apartment where the others speak German.

I do have Doulingo and Rosetta Stone. it is not helping me so far. lol
I will definitely enroll in Migros this spring, the thing is every time I try to speak German, they practice their English on me. lol
Also my husband is too lazy to speak to me in German..

Thank you for the response!

Flora

I live in a village where everybody speak English and no one tries to speak to me in  German when we have gatherings.. also we already have apartment at work where I don't get to speak any language cause people are not trying to talk to me. lol

Thanks for the response!

Flora

If you continue speaking in German when other people switch to English, they might switch back. That is what I do and have some success. Sometimes. LOL

Have you checked meetup.com? They have German speaking groups. I go to one occasionally in a bar in Zurich. It is all people wanting to practice their German.

I tried that and it end to laughing..
I havent bar hopping in Zurich so far.
thanks for the response!

Hello,

I have same situation, try to make friends with people who speak german. :) and dont stop learning. Watch german movies and television.

Regards ,
Mia

Thanks, I always do!