Elementary Schools

My wife and I will be coming to Dominican Republic sometime in the summer to hopefully answer a range of questions. One of the most important questions for us is on the choices of schools for our granddaughter. Aryanna is 8 years old and full of life. My wife and I are raising her and we want to give her first hand experiences of another country and culture. If anyone could give me some good choices of area's that would have some good schools. Hopefully bilingual so she could grow and learn another language. Preferably not in one of the larger cities if that would be possible.
Thank you, Patrick

The international school in Sosua has a great reputation and kids from all over the world.
Here is a link to the web site
http://www.issosua.com/
We live in the Sosua/Cabarete area (11 years) and love it.
My bad.....WELCOME TO THE FORUM  you will find lots of information here.

Bob K

The international schools is a respected school that I would certainly recommend for older students. If you are envisaging a stay of a year or less then you could look into some of the private schools in Puerto Plata who have middle and upper class students attending. These schools would give your grand-daughter a genuine Dominican experience and introduce her to Spanish as several are bilingual or immersion English schools. If you want more information you could contact the Meeting Place (Puerto Plata's international center). They have put together a file  listing the various private schools in the area.

Thank you for the quick response. Would there be any recommendations for a religious base school that you or someone would recommend in the Cabarete area.

The only one I can think of that is church based would be the New Life Church school between Sosua and Cabarete.  it will have almost 100% Dominican kids and will be in almost all Spanish language classes

Bob K

What are the choices for private English speaking schools if you lived in Cabrera?