New members of the Tunisia forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Tunisia forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Tunisia if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Tunisia forum, introduce yourself here – 2016 continues below!

hello ! .
i am hamza from libya . i moved to tunis about 7 months ago .
i moved due to the war in libya . i am an assylum seeker now .
i am currently looking for a job  .

I live in Carthage now
A bit ( lol ) different than Texas I confess.
But life is good.

Olivier

Hello!! Wow from Texas!?!! Tell me how you like it there?? Can i hear more about your journey-as i too am thinking of relocating from Colorado!!!! :idontagree:

Go for it
Don't try to compare as u won't find ASPEN. here.  Lol

You will love it
The $ goes a long way

Olivier

Thank you so much friends-i just got so happy for this journey to happen!!! @Atlantean and Ozitoun wow !! thank you for the encouragement in this process!! i would love to venture to Sousse-I visited the City when i came to Tunis in January and really could see myself there!! God willing-I pray for this to happen .

I am new in this site and I would like to seek more opportunities in doing business,working in areas of finance,administration,Project Management and business related matters.....How is life in Tunis and Tunisia in general? Thank you

Hello Everyone,

My name is Harrison I am from New York & California and recently relocated to Tunis for my work. I do spend most of my time working but would love to make some new friends to hang out with :).

I am not a French speaker though *yet!* which has made it difficult to go out and socialize!

Harrison

Hi Hi Harrison,
Maybe we can meet for coffee  when I be there.

Hello evreryone,

Im Fabrice, 4O years i live in Tunis since 2016.

It's diffrent than france but i feel confortable here.

I started a small project last year with a Tunisien freind.

Fabrice

Hii Fabrice
Welcome in Tunisia. Have a nice time.

Well, Hey there
I am moving to Tunis in early August and joined the forum for information on getting settled and things to do.
I am a educator who will be working not too far from the airport.

Cheers to all
Bobby

Hii
You welcome in Tunis. I hope you will enjoy settling in Tunis.
Best regards

heys. i'm coming in early august as well. =)

debsmusiclife wrote:

heys. i'm coming in early august as well. =)

Hi debsmusiclife,

Greetings from Tunisia.

To start with, August is a fantastic time as you will enjoy the sunshine and the beautiful Mediterranean beach and weather.

Should you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know. we are all more than happy to help.

Regards,
Med Ali

Hi am hoping to move toTunisia in the next couple of years to enjoy my retirement!! Any advice?

learn french and pick a place near the beach :)

Good evening. I'm Italian. I've already been in Tunisia twice and I'm coming back soon. I'm an Italian teacher and I'd like to work here

welcome back
well that's very easy
live in or close to the capital (tunis) and you will find a lot of italian call centers and private language schools :)

Hello everybody,

I will be moving to Tunisia in July 2017. I will be in La Marsa area.
My son is 14 y, would be looking for new friends speaking English. Any advice for activities or clubs for the boy? Looking as well for a trustworthy lady to help us, run the house. I am a working single mother.

Kind regards

Layla :)

Wish you all the best! I am moving to the same area the first week in August. I will be teaching at an international school. Perhaps we might run into each other.
Long way from North Carolina

Hello,
I'm Frederic from Geneva.
I'm living in Tunisia where I work as Programme Officer on the UNEP. I also managed to start a fashion society there.
It's quite hard to live in Tunisia as they are not used to laws and to regularity. But i'm trying to do it as much as possible.
I love meeting new people, from everywhere, living in this country.

Hello Layla,
Welcome to this country. I've been there since approximately 3 years now and I managed to learn their language. It's not easy but I did it.
I would be really happy to meet you and to help you as much as possible.

See you soon.

Hey there
Moving from the states in August and bringing my dog with me. Let me know where you will be settling and we can meet for a walk with the pups

Peace and safe travels

bobby

Hi there,

I'm a French professional currently living in London. I am moving to Tunis on the 5th of September.

I am super excited to start a new life with new projects there and meet you all! I am especially keen to get to know fellow entrepreneurs and share about Tunisian startups and projects in the digital/tech sector.

Look forward to connecting with you before my arrival!

Regards,

Florence

Hi to all
You all welcome in Tunisia, I hope you find what you're looking for.
Best regards

Thank you very much Mourad, see you soon then!
Best wishes,

Florence

Bonjour Florence,
I hope you are doing well.

Cordialement ,

Olivier

Florence,
J'espere que tout va bien.
Que Tu commences a t'exciter pour experimenter un pays du tier monde
C'est fascinant!
Il faut avoir un coeur ouvert
Un esprit ouvert
Et prendre les choses telle qu'elles sont
Les admirer et les Aimer sans vouloir les juger..
On reste on contact.

Kind Regards,

Olivier zitoun

Cher Ozitoun
La Tunisie est connu, depuis longtemps, par sa tolérance et sa solidarité. Elle est ouvert sur toutes les civilisations. Rien ne craindre  en Tunisie.
Avec mes respects

Florence,
I checked around for you for Airb&b
To my astonishment the average pricing for Tunis and banlieue is around $30/night
Which way too excessive in my opinion.
Having said that I had sent u my email and never heard from u thru that platform...
Bizarre!
If you find me intrusive I will abstain from further communications.
My intentions are noble, and I am a very sensitive man as I value true friendships....

Olivier

I am a tunisian citizen planning to immigrate to Sweden end of this year so until then I have to stay in Tunisia. That's why I am looking for friends to hang out with this summer :)

Thank you all!

ANYONE HERE LIVING IN CANADA AND MORE SPECIFICALLY TORONTO ?
I NEED INFOS AS I PLAN SOON TO START THE PROCEDURE OF IMMIGRATION

Sorry
Dallas the good old the US of A

@RIH22  HOW U WILL IMMIGRATE TO SWEDEN ?

Hi everyone and welcome on board  :)

For info, this thread is only dedicated to the introduction of new members of the Tunisia forum.

So, Marley56, could you please post directly on the Canada forum here : https://www.expat.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=434

P.S, caps lock should not be used, lower the case please.

All the best,
Bhavna

Hello all,
Adam from Portland, Oregon USA. Leaving for Carthage next month with hopes of finding work and being able to build a life there. Never left the states, but always dreamed of it. My girlfriend will be teaching French in Tunis, so I have her as a resource for learning and improving my French. Still nervous that I won't know what to do, or how to get the paperwork going for employment. So far searching online from Portland has been very uninformative. I am a personal trainer who loves fitness, I am told that I may be able to find work in the tourist resorts. Any tips on things I can take care of, or prepare for before leaving are much appreciated. Thank you and I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you when I arrive in Tunisia.
Merci et au revoir
Adam

I am Shari, I am planning a move in November to Tunisia. I am looking for a beachfront house but am not sure where exactly yet. Where is the best places to live in Tunisia and the cheapest to make my money stretch

Hi Shari
You welcome in Tunisia. You can have house with beachfront in many wonderful places like Carthage, La Marsa, Hammamet, Nabeul, and so on, where you can live quietly.
Best wishes

in sha allah i will be getting married after the 15th of September in sousse too so would be nice to hear how things are going for you! in regards to paper work for marriage why so much documents unless you plan to apply for visa straight away but just for marriage the CONI and birth certificate will be efficient.

Closed