Advice please

hello my friend and myself are wishing to live in tunisia we have done some research but hoping that we can have a little more help, we believe that it is going to be difficult for us to move but can anyone give any advice on visa's housing and jobs. would be really greatful
best wishes

Hello tunisiadream.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Do you have any specific questions? It can help other members understand your needs better.

You should tell us more about your professional background as well.

Hope you'll be helped by other members.

Thank you,
Aurélie

hello again :)
it has been over a year now and my wishes still have not changed im hoping they have just became closer, I have almost finished my tourism qualification here and I am ready to move forward. Tunisia is where I would like to be! I will be going for three months to look for a job as nothing seems to be coming up online, if I manage to find a job (fingers crossed) I will apply for my visa, does anyone know how long these will take to come through? I know finding work will be difficult out there but nothing good comes easy! any advise on where to look for work please :)
I could really do with some more advice
thankyou x

Hi,
I lived in Tunisia since Feb 2011 until last year, I left because even though I had permanent residence for being married to a citizen, THEY DON'T GIVE JOBS to foreigners unless they don't find anyone to fill up the position. Try better with Berlitz from your country and maybe asking for a transfer to teach English in Tunisia, but...I can tell you with confidence, the law of Tunisia protects its citizens when giving away jobs to foreign people. Good luck!

Here is the law: http://www.jurisitetunisie.com/tunisie/ … Ct1200.htm

Hi,
I lived in Tunisia since Feb 2011 until last year, I left because even though I had permanent residence for being married to a citizen, THEY DON'T GIVE JOBS to foreigners unless they don't find anyone to fill up the position. Try better with Berlitz from your country and maybe asking for a transfer to teach English in Tunisia, but...I can tell you with confidence, the law of Tunisia protects its citizens when giving away jobs to foreign people. Good luck!

Here is the law: http://www.jurisitetunisie.com/tunisie/ … Ct1200.htm

Hello thankyou for your reply, oh no its sad u had to leave sorry to here that, yeah i know unfortuantley it will be hard to find a job although i have studied travel and tourism for three years here in england i know that my only hope would be a english holiday company such as first choice or thomas cook. Also thankyou for the link i just need to hope that luck comes my way and my hopes can come true :)

[Moderated: English pls]